Canon NEW EF 70-200mm f2.8 L IS II USM !!

Look the same hor....

:devil: Hope that it will bring down the price (significantly) of 70-200mm f/2.8 IS.

Honestly it really isn't worth the upgrade, if you ask me. This is because the existing lens is already super good, and the fact that they haven't changed the button layout (critical) is disappointing.

Ergonomics still suck.

Honestly it really isn't worth the upgrade, if you ask me. This is because the existing lens is already super good, and the fact that they haven't changed the button layout (critical) is disappointing.

Ergonomics still suck.

curious to find out what is bad abt the existing layout and how it can be improved on.

time to sell off the old one and get the new one! :bsmilie:

no indication on the price yet?

YES!!! :)

looks slightly different, maybe its the rubber ribbings and front barrel thats similar to those recently released lenses?

curious to find out what is bad abt the existing layout and how it can be improved on.

If you're shooting somewhere in India or Africa, in a busy street like me, It's easy to accidentally turn the IS to 'off' and focus to MF.. It's irritating, can't believe you haven't heard about this as thousands of users have complained about the same thing.

looks slightly different, maybe its the rubber ribbings and front barrel thats similar to those recently released lenses?

yupp, that was the first thing i noted about the lens too.

and yes i would also question why is there a need for a Mk II version.

it's time for them to earn our $$ again!!

Anyone selling the mk 1 IS lower than 2K? ;p

If you're shooting somewhere in India or Africa, in a busy street like me, It's easy to accidentally turn the IS to 'off' and focus to MF.. It's irritating, can't believe you haven't heard about this as thousands of users have complained about the same thing.

oic. not really. heard alot of complains abt gear but it has not been an issue with me personally. maybe i am a careful person?

so its more like poor button placement than ergonomics right? hopefully it is rectified or improved with the new design. :think:

I'm with flipfreak on this one – I've never accidentally changed the IS/AF/MF switches without me knowing and neither do I see it happening cuz fact is that, for me, a little force actually has to be exerted in order to change the switch.

But nevertheless, am curious to see the optical performance of this lens, hoping it will perhaps as good as the f/4 IS wide open. Not very excited bout the Hybrid IS.

The improved optical design and 4-stop IS are the significant improvements most hard-core users would look for, I suspect.

Now if they would only update their venerable 100-400.

Yeah ... the AF and IS switches ... :embrass:

I'm with flipfreak on this one – I've never accidentally changed the IS/AF/MF switches without me knowing and neither do I see it happening cuz fact is that, for me, a little force actually has to be exerted in order to change the switch.

But nevertheless, am curious to see the optical performance of this lens, hoping it will perhaps as good as the f/4 IS wide open. Not very excited bout the Hybrid IS.

use gaffer tape if worry abt accidents i guess.

its not using the new hybrid IS. just the 4 stop one on the newer lenses.

hopefully wide open is sharper than the older version. suspect they are upgrading lenses to deal with the high res sensors resolving capability.

The improved optical design and 4-stop IS are the significant improvements most hard-core users would look for, I suspect.

Now if they would only update their venerable 100-400.

Yeah ... the AF and IS switches ... :embrass:

yes. wish they do something abt the 100-400 and 300 f/4 and 400 f/5.6

its not using the new hybrid IS. just the 4 stop one on the newer lenses.
Oops, I was being ignorant there Haha... just goes to show how I am really just looking forward to seeing the optical performance on this one.

Oops, I was being ignorant there Haha... just goes to show how I am really just looking forward to seeing the optical performance on this one.

yea, time for the 2.8 to be sharper than the f4 IS

oic. not really. heard alot of complains abt gear but it has not been an issue with me personally. maybe i am a careful person?

so its more like poor button placement than ergonomics right? hopefully it is rectified or improved with the new design. :think:

Again, if you're shooting semi-professionally or professionally as a photojournalist for an NGO or editorial, your focus will be on the image rather than the layout of the buttons. Many professionals have found this problematic. This is a professional lens, and not a lens made for amateurs, so this problem has to be taken care of. Those buttons just pi$$ me off to the core. especially when there's no room for error, I have lost shots because of this. I've tried gaffer taping and stuff but why can't they just fix the goddamn buttons?

Poor button placement is part of ergonomics. Source: Wikipedia. Ergonomics is the science of designing the job, equipment, and workplace to fit the worker. It is relevant in the design of such things as safe furniture and easy-to-use interfaces to machines.