Canon lens warranty question

Status
Not open for further replies.

therat

Nov 26, 2003
Bedok
Visit site
Hi,

Saw someone post in Buy/sell forum mention the below statement.

http://www.canon.com.sg/warranty/terms.html

"The Limited Warranty is valid only for the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) of the Equipment and is not transferable."

So.. once the lens register online. Only the purchaser can sent in for service?
Need to shown IC to proof the ID of the purchaser?
Or just warranty card and receipt will do?

If it was so, then what happen to the 2nd hand buyer who brought the item within warranty period and happen need to sent in for service during warranty period?

And some seller stated, warranty unfilled. BUT if unfilled, how Canon/buyer know this lens warranty end at which date?

Can registered online but didn't fill up the warranty card. Can be done right? It also group under warranty unfilled, is it?

The warranty period's starting date is defined by the date on the receipt accompanying the lens.

I've bought a second-hand 35mm f/2 and the warranty was transferred to my name when I made a trip to Canon to repair something while it was still under warranty. The counter staff asked me whether I knew the old owner as she was initially puzzled why both owner names didn't match up. I just explained to her that we had a second-hand dealing and he sold me the lens and she just transferred the warranty over.

so.. the warranty can be transferable.

Then why canon web say cannot transfer?

by right cannot lar.

but "by left" we can always say "my friend buy on my behalf, that's why the receipt has his name"

oic.. thanks for the clean up. :)

can photocopy receipt accept by Canon?

They can check the date of manufacture from the serial number.

They can check the date of manufacture from the serial number.

Date of manufacture means nothing. Some lenses may have shorter/longer manufacture to sale timings than others; warranty is valid from the date of purchase, not manufacture.

Date of manufacture means nothing. Some lenses may have shorter/longer manufacture to sale timings than others; warranty is valid from the date of purchase, not manufacture.
provided of course the user kept the receipt as proof of purchase and registered the warranty earlier on.

if never register, no receipt then they will take the date of manufacture. In the meantime the user can go back happy and got time can look for the original receipt.

if never register, no receipt then they will take the date of manufacture. In the meantime the user can go back happy and got time can look for the original receipt.

Really? You've been through that before?

That is sad. :eek:

Really? You've been through that before?

That is sad. :eek:
not only camera, its standard SOP for a lot of products including Razer mouse and even printers unless they die die want the receipt. Just whether the service center person want to do or not.

So usually if i need to send anything for service and cannot find receipt, i will email the service center in advance for queries on whats needed for the servicing.

For high price items, i file the receipt as well as scan a softcopy for backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.