Canon Lens on Nikon Mount

Status
Not open for further replies.
it works only the other way round Nikon lense with adaptor on Canon. Reason behind is that the distance between last lense element and sensor is closer for a canon. so putting the lense on a nikon will cause a clash with the mirror...

it works only the other way round Nikon lense with adaptor on Canon. Reason behind is that the distance between last lense element and sensor is closer for a canon. so putting the lense on a nikon will cause a clash with the mirror...

Canon mount is too big to fit into the Nikon mount in the first place...

BC

Canon's sensor is further away from the lens than Nikon. Canon's mount is also bigger.

Therotically, if you can sustom make an adaptor to fit canon's lens on Nikon, you can only shoot close range. you will not be able to focus far objects. (the prionciple of extension tube) i have not tried this experiment yet as I do not have Nikon DSLR.

had a similar Q long ago....mostly as answered above by fellow CS'ers. Auto focus is a big issue in such cases and lens only can be used in MF mode in that case...this is what i was told. Unless really essential, not really advisable or as much practical to do so...Cheers.

Putting Canon lens on a Nikon body?? That's blasphemy! LOL! Just kidding.

BTW, newer Canon lenses don't have the aperture ring so no use using it on any other cameras even if you could.

Status
Not open for further replies.