Canon lens hood - No stock in S'pore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackgoddess

Dec 5, 2008
Woodlands
Hi all, i actually wanted to buy lens hoods for my 50mm f1.4 (ES-71II) and 18-200mm (EW-78D)...couple weeks back i already asked and yesterday i asked again and most shops no stock ler...Cathay (peninsula & marina), MS color, Lord camera, john 3;16 all dun have. Alan Photo say they don't carry this item. i remembered asking Canon Singapore and also no stock...:mad2:

wah lan....so hot item meh the lens hood? any one knows where to get in S'pore?:think:

Try TCW (The Camera Workshop), they uased to stock wide range of Canon lens hood.

Hi all, i actually wanted to buy lens hoods for my 50mm f1.4 (ES-71II) and 18-200mm (EW-78D)...couple weeks back i already asked and yesterday i asked again and most shops no stock ler...Cathay (peninsula & marina), MS color, Lord camera, john 3;16 all dun have. Alan Photo say they don't carry this item. i remembered asking Canon Singapore and also no stock...:mad2:

wah lan....so hot item meh the lens hood? any one knows where to get in S'pore?:think:

If you can ask them repeatedly, why didn't it occur to you that you can ask them to order for you???

cuz they mentioned that it will come in approx 2-3 weeks..i think even if order also may have to wait so long ler....so either i wait or see anyother shops have or not la.

Can I OT abit... may I know how much does a typical Canon lens hood cost? Thanks.

Can OT, you already did. Hehe.

The typical cost is $40-60 as mentioned, but there are some exceptions (the 70-200 f/2.8 series) that are a little more pricey, nearing a hundred.

Try 3rd party Lens Hood lor..... can get at MO section. :thumbsup:

I think the lens hood for EF-S 17-55mm USM IS is so hot that i have to buy it from SONG BROTHERS and get my lens at CATHAY. Wouldn't want an expensive set of lens without a hood as other than blocking away stray lights, it does prevent ur front element from being bumped in case of poor handling at times.

Try OP, they should have it. A 3rd party one if not the original.

Just search on eBay or www.dealextreme.com - you can find lens hoods about as good as the originals there for a fraction of what Canon will charge you.

Some updates, got my lens hoods for both 18-200mm and 50mm f/1.4. Got them in Shanghai couple of days ago...FINALLY:bsmilie:

Got the 18-200mm lens hood for 270 Yuan (approx. SGD 60) and the 50mm f/1.4 hood for 230 yuan (approx SGD 51). I think it's slightly more expensive than in S'pore but at least i got what i want when in S'pore all no stock (since i started this thread until i left for Shanghai last tuesday).

I think some accesories also slightly cheaper but L-lenses are quite the same price as in S'pore. I may be wrong la.

Thanks for your input guys.

I know 5DMkII is selling in Shanghai for approx 16000 yuan or approx er..SGD 3575 + 24-105mm lens......cheap eh?:bigeyes:

i had a few problems finding a hood for my efs 17-85mm the other day... went to alan photo, and cathay also didnt have any
went to this place called song brothers in sim lim and found one... was pretty random haha

I found 17-85 and 50 f1.4 hoods at MS Colour at AMK central... Hehehe.. But 50f1.4 was last piece according to uncle who sold me.

The stocks are in, saw it in OP and other shops....alternative, if you can live with being uncool and buy a third party.... go to DE.

Bought my 50mm f1.4 hood from DE and it fits like original.

Status
Not open for further replies.