Canon lens cleaning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
max007007 said:
Canon already agreed to exchange for a new one as they simply cant do it.
Hows that for a change in Canon service? :)

good for u, sooner or later, dust will find its way back in again.... ^^

It's a normal thing... unless you dun change lens or actually use them.

nutek said:
agreed...
a little dust here and there in the lens won't hurt much - to max: i'm sure your sensor (if shooting digital) has much more dust spots which affect image quality more than the dust in the lens. As for resale value, how much does the resale price go down by? (Just wondering...) Anyway, I'm sure that amount would certainly have been recouped by the opportunity cost of your enjoyment of the lens if it had not been otherwise sitting around in the Canon servicing center.

Shoot more, don't regret later :D

Some people are perfectionist! Therefore, have to understand Max007's situation. Furthermore, paying so much end up so many hassle......sigh!!

oeyvind said:
good for u, sooner or later, dust will find its way back in again.... ^^

It's a normal thing... unless you dun change lens or actually use them.

I thought L-Lens are ALL-Weather proof? I think it's not the dust due to what kind of THINGS you shoot....if you see too many GALS.....I think it will feel abit SORE..... :blah:
Maybe shoot more greenery areas! Scienctific has proven...good for "LENS" :bigeyes: !!!!

drdre said:
Bro, pay some much end up got dust....it's a pity...!!! Furthermore, has to go down so many times then they finally willing to exchange one for you!!! I think it's not that they simply can't do it, but maybe they might not have the special cleaning machine to clean it up or you are very FAN!!!! hahaha!!!
I think you may consider switching to Nikon from now on....!
the only thing that impress me about nikon is d2h

Jeff said:
Aiyo. What I meant was that opening up the lens will introduce more degree of freedom for disaster to strike, like AF misalignment.

The last time I send in my lens for servicing only took 3 working days. You may wish to check with them. Then again, mine doesn't have the IS you see.
Remember, be nice when you are asking for a favour. They will be nice to you in return. ;)

Not really......its the way of approaching....sometimes you talk nicely to them but they still give u the same answer then U have to be abit more approachable then they see u cannot be "makan" then they give in. It's always a 2 way approach, it's hardly to see GOOD Service Quality nowsdays!!!

max007007 said:
the only think that impress me about nikon is d2h

THen what are you waiting for???? U can ONE......!!!!!

Redstar202 said:
:nono: Hello? Why are you advocating Nikon inside a Cannon Thread??? :dunno:

Hi...this is not advocating....this is just a suggestion....u remember what MAX written? "Any Suggestion?"

Called canon today regarding the status of the new replacement lens, informed by them that currently no stock.
Stock will come roughly one or two months later. :faint:
Regarding the warranty period for the new lens, they ensure me that the warranty will only start on the day I received the new lens.
They agreed to lend me one non-IS version at free of charge till the stock arrived.

max007007 said:
Called canon today regarding the status of the new replacement lens, informed by them that currently no stock.
Stock will come roughly one or two months later. :faint:
Regarding the warranty period for the new lens, they ensure me that the warranty will only start on the day I received the new lens.
They agreed to lend me one non-IS version at free of charge till the stock arrived.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Maybe you should give that in-lieu lens a workout to compensate for your losses. How about this, I challenge you to a set of 3 pixs of the same theme to bring out the best in that lens? I'll post mine using my magic drain pipe over the weekend. Game? ( Nothing too serious, just want to have some fun.)

Start shooting dude.

Jeff said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Maybe you should give that in-lieu lens a workout to compensate for your losses. How about this, I challenge you to a set of 3 pixs of the same theme to bring out the best in that lens? I'll post mine using my magic drain pipe over the weekend. Game? ( Nothing too serious, just want to have some fun.)

Start shooting dude.
the borrowed lens is not in good shape either.
zoom ring loose and lots of dust inside (much worst than mine, dont know purposely or not)
since they are holding to my lens, so I might as well hold on to one of theirs.
imagine have to wait for one or two months later after already waiting for 2 weeks.
anyway, i need a L telelens to try out my newly bought 1.4x II and st-e2

I sent in a lens for calibration due to back focussing today.... guess I have to check carefully when I collect it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.