Canon launches new 1000D DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSSNewsRobot

Sep 27, 2006
canon_EOS1000D.gif
Canon has announced the EOS 1000D (Kiss F), a new, entry-level DSLR that slots into the model lineup beneath the 450D. The 10 megapixel digital camera takes many of the new features of its big brother and presents them in a lighter, less expensive format that Canon hopes will re-shape the market in the same way as the first Rebel (300D) did. No word yet from Canon US about their intentions.

More...

canon_EOS1000D.gif
Canon has announced the EOS 1000D (Kiss F), a new, entry-level DSLR that slots into the model lineup beneath the 450D. The 10 megapixel digital camera takes many of the new features of its big brother and presents them in a lighter, less expensive format that Canon hopes will re-shape the market in the same way as the first Rebel (300D) did. No word yet from Canon US about their intentions.

More...

naughty. the embedding of RSS feed which has a passworded picture on the CS front page keeps asking me for password whenever I load the front page :thumbsd:

naughty. the embedding of RSS feed which has a passworded picture on the CS front page keeps asking me for password whenever I load the front page :thumbsd:
\
and the link will show you this:

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server. Please try the following:
  • Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
  • Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)
  • Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
  • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.

A bit more information on Cameralabs.com website

http://www.cameralabs.com/

"Today Canon announced its latest DSLR, the EOS 1000D. This new model replaces the EOS 400D as the entry-level model in Canon’s range and sports the same 10.1 Megapixel resolution, 3fps continuous shooting rate and 2.5in screen. The big new feature over the 400D is of course Live View, and like the 450D, the new 1000D offers a contrast-based AF option. The 1000D is also Canon’s lightest DSLR to date at just 450g. Beyond this, the 1000D swaps its predecessor’s 9-point AF for a new 7-point wide area AF system and Compact Flash cards for SD memory. The 1000D will be available at the end of July for 499 GBP / 649 Euro body alone or 579 GBP / 749 Euro with the EF-S 18-55mm IS lens; no news on North American availability yet. Check back soon for a news analysis of this new body. "

Status
Not open for further replies.