Canon L-Lens (Grey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steplim

May 11, 2005
One North
Is there any problem with Grey sets of L-Lens?

Technically speaking, there is no different but the local warranty factor comes in when you need local serving during warranty period of 1 year.
Beside.... do you guys face problem with Grey set?

Last edited:
Only when / if something screws up. Your wallet might cry.

what's grey sets of L series? ><

grey market import through avenues other than an official distributor.

Grey Lens are generally imported sets either from photography equipment traders or individual from overseas other than Singapore. Is there anyone faced technical or quality problem with grey L-Lens as this are more costly and valuable investment.:)

Grey L-Lens normally cost around 100-200 cheaper. Is it worth it?

I rather pay the $100 more to make my life simpler. and even though grey sets is cover by the shop who knows shop might end up charging is this and that. you never know. and it is L lens, i rather safe guard myself buying local set.

TS..... My EF 70-200mm f4 IS L was brought in the USA at around $1450+ SGD...... only local warranty So, its about as 'Grey' as it could be.

At the time of buying.... a local set is around $1700 to $1850++ while the greyset sold at the MO selection is around $1600+. I consider the saving of $350 worth the effect of solving the problem of having the online store sent the lens to my Bro who was on a business trip there. The saving was used to buy a Kenko 1.5x TC ($200) and a Carbon Monopod ($110+).....

But like some ClubSNAP-er had pointed out..... if there is some screwly problem with the lens, then you really would cry. :sweat:

My point is this..... Is the saving worth the risk ??:think:

TS..... My EF 70-200mm f4 IS L was brought in the USA at around $1450+ SGD...... only local warranty So, its about as 'Grey' as it could be.

At the time of buying.... a local set is around $1700 to $1850++ while the greyset sold at the MO selection is around $1600+. I consider the saving of $350 worth the effect of solving the problem of having the online store sent the lens to my Bro who was on a business trip there. The saving was used to buy a Kenko 1.5x TC ($200) and a Carbon Monopod ($110+).....

But like some ClubSNAP-er had pointed out..... if there is some screwly problem with the lens, then you really would cry. :sweat:

My point is this..... Is the saving worth the risk ??:think:

Hi Bro,
A saving of S$350 is a lot and maybe worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.