Canon Ixus 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleeper

Jun 23, 2004
Melbourne
was browsing ard in one of the local camera shops the other day when i overheard the counter staff mention to another customer not to get the ixus 40 cuz the ixus 50 is coming out soon...

anyone can verify this piece of gossip? or is it just another attempt by a salesman to dissuade someone from buying a canon?

sleeper said:
was browsing ard in one of the local camera shops the other day when i overheard the counter staff mention to another customer not to get the ixus 40 cuz the ixus 50 is coming out soon...

anyone can verify this piece of gossip? or is it just another attempt by a salesman to dissuade someone from buying a canon?

Firstly the statement, not to get the IXUS 40 cos IXUS 50 is coming, ISNT a DISSUADE cos the IXUS 40 and IXUS 50 are the same brand. He is just recommending the buyer to delay the purchase IF he/she can cos a Bigger MP version is coming out and like most consumers out there, bigger MP to them means better. :dunno:

Possible...but then again...the IXUS 50 is probably just another 5MP version of the IXUS 40 and Like I always ask the people who shoot from Consumer digicams.

Why do u Need so much MP? Unless u print BIG like A2 or A1...
high MP == larger file sizes == less Pictures for on a 256MB CF and getting bigger CF.
More $$$

I have No doubt that Canon will in the near future introduce 6MP and higher IXUS cameras.... as more consumers are drawn into the "More MP == better camera" concept.

uh mebbe it wasn't clear, should have added that he was pushing other cameras into the customers hands while taking away the ixus. sorta saying this one buy not worth it cuz got new model coming out soon, this one here just launch, newer and better. something to that effect.
but that wasn't the main question really, was just curious if there really was a ixus 50 model coming out anytime soon.

sleeper said:
uh mebbe it wasn't clear, should have added that he was pushing other cameras into the customers hands while taking away the ixus. sorta saying this one buy not worth it cuz got new model coming out soon, this one here just launch, newer and better. something to that effect.
but that wasn't the main question really, was just curious if there really was a ixus 50 model coming out anytime soon.

I think Winston is trying to suggest that there will eventually be newer models(with higher megapixel etc) of Ixus coming. At the same time, he is suggesting that higher megapixel count(eg Ixus 50) doesnt equate better image quality.

So ya there will definately be better and newer models, but if the current model works for you, just get it and no point waiting for newer models.

Most prob tat a new ixus 50 should be out to replace the ixus 500....but still no confirmation yet leh....but the ppl here is right...there will always be new models coming out one....maybe in one yr, can come out 2 or 3 new ixus....so as long as u feel the cam is good enough for ur needs..den no need wait liao.... BUY BUY BUY~!!... ;) ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.