Canon increase ink cartridge price !

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUZ_BUZ

Aug 25, 2006
Since when Canon has increase the price of the CLI-8 series ink cartridges ?

I check with Challanger, Popular and other few outlets yesterday, all the price are labelled as S$22.50.
That means the increment is $2.60 per colour ! ( from S$19.90 )

That means the effective price increment for my iP4200 printer is
4 x $2.60 = $10.40 per set !

I really do not understand the rational behind the price hike, in a bad time like this !

May be Canon think that they have already wipe out all the compatible ink maker, and it is time to milk more profit from the Loyal Canon Ink Users.

THINK AGAIN CANON !
The price increment will only suppress the usage of the canon ink !
I for sure will try hard to change my habbit of printing.
Next time I will took the pain to consolidate all my photos and print them at the $0.20 (4R) Konica Lab instead !

Last edited:
You already buy printer, cannot run away. So Canon milk you. I think it's good strategy.

I understand that all the while Canon adopt the
"Sell you the printer at $99 and then slowly milk you with the ink cartridges until you die (the printer die) ".

But let's see what will happen if they push it too much !

I understand that all the while Canon adopt the
"Sell you the printer at $99 and then slowly milk you with the ink cartridges until you die (the printer die) ".

But let's see what will happen if they push it too much !

Why dun you go SLS and check the price for the original catridges? The price there is lower than the RRP.

Why dun you go SLS and check the price for the original catridges? The price there is lower than the RRP.

Try Z-Nix level 6.

There's also a shop at Textile Center - House of Mouse - I saw the CLI-8 cartridges listed about 17-19? Can't recall exactly.

Also saw 3 pack bundle (CMY) at Harvey Norman (Junction 8) selling for $60.

Yeah, anyone with updates do share.

I'm planning to buy in the next 2-3 weeks..

woah like to share from where and how much cheaper? do we call canon direct?

woah like to share from where and how much cheaper? do we call canon direct?

Hahaha....this is after spending $20K-$30K worth of canon equipment over the years and getting to know the people in there and asking them to help you buy as a favour...:bsmilie: Okay for the same ink...not much cheaper...about $16.90

Hahaha....this is after spending $20K-$30K worth of canon equipment over the years and getting to know the people in there and asking them to help you buy as a favour...:bsmilie: Okay for the same ink...not much cheaper...about $16.90

I think z-niz offers the same price if not lower.

I don't think they've wiped out third party inks.

I still see SingInk touting cheap inks for all at SLS.

places like south asia computer and inforcom at funan usually sell a bit cheaper.

you can't expect Canon (or others) to sell things at the same price forever, don't u?

But Canon deliever to me....:bsmilie: I just need to call.

Thats a better deal obviously.

Anyway, I am considering trying out SingInk for some mass printing. I hope they dont disappoint me.

Thats a better deal obviously.

Anyway, I am considering trying out SingInk for some mass printing. I hope they dont disappoint me.

Won't. But you need a pen knife and some patience.
The black ink is acceptable to me, but is more wet, smudges easily.
Need to set printer to allow the ink to dry a little bit longer than usual.

Won't. But you need a pen knife and some patience.
The black ink is acceptable to me, but is more wet, smudges easily.
Need to set printer to allow the ink to dry a little bit longer than usual.

Cool, I will give it a try. Thanks for info

yups i use singink. it's cheap - 1 bottle $10 can refill around 8-10 times. but of course ink quality below original inks, in the sense of permanence and water proofness. of course, there is the issue of colour shift due to slightly different tints of CMYK inks made by different manufacturers. but if you're using for non colour critical printing that don't need to last for more than 2years, 3rd party ink is the way to go. i use singink for all my misc stuff, only when really need to print high quality then i'll put in a set of original inks (must rmb to do printhead cleaning after installing new set).

Status
Not open for further replies.