Canon G2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerome

1. Do you use the LA-DC58 and a protective filter on the Canon G2 lens or just leave it bare?

2. Any protection plastic recommended to use over the LCD screen?

3. Anyone tried the 250D close-up lens? How close can you go at the tele end with this lens? Need to use off-camera hot shoe when using external flash?

4. Any bag to recommend? What about the Canon soft case for G2?

Thanks so much!

Originally posted by Jerome
1. Do you use the LA-DC58 and a protective filter on the Canon G2 lens or just leave it bare?

3. Anyone tried the 250D close-up lens? How close can you go at the tele end with this lens? Need to use off-camera hot shoe when using external flash?

Thanks so much!

1. I use Hoya UV filter to protect my lens.

2. Not too sure if there is something like tat.

3. It can go at 1.4x

4. I use a leather G2 case which i bought at $40 case but a soft case will do too.

Dun think about buying too many unneccesary assesories unless you really need them. Learn and take more pictures with your G2 before you buy any upgrades and see what you are really lacking with the cam.

Originally posted by Jerome

Thanks so much!

1. I ordered in a lensmate adapter... while it's more expensive, the difference in filter size helps me quickly recover the extra cost.

2. I heard someone recommend the stuff they stick on PDA screens. Have never tried it before though.

3. Not tried before

4. Bring your camera with you into those bag shops, and pick up a cheap $20 bag (get one with padding!).

Status
Not open for further replies.