Canon G1X !

I got from Manly. $905 bundle with leather case, two 8gb sd cards, extra 3rd party battery (1-year warranty). So far that's the best deal i found. Without the extra sd card and battery is only 860+ i think.

Here's my very first test shot outside Manly at temple street. Evening 7:40pm, handheld shot. Damn amazing. Almost zero noise at 1000 iso!

A9AC6455D5E54872AAEBCD14F4354CCF.jpg

The pic quality is great.

No stock from CathayPhoto.

I got from Manly. $905 bundle with leather case, two 8gb sd cards, extra 3rd party battery (1-year warranty). So far that's the best deal i found. Without the extra sd card and battery is only 860+ i think.

Here's my very first test shot outside Manly at temple street. Evening 7:40pm, handheld shot. Damn amazing. Almost zero noise at 1000 iso!

Beautiful shot!! It's amazingly clear despite being hand-held. Looks like the "slow" lens isn't slow at all!

rottenmutton said:

Wats ur other shooting parameters? Aperture and shutter speed? Is this direct ooc?

Wats ur other shooting parameters? Aperture and shutter speed? Is this direct ooc?

OOC jpeg with zero adjustment. f2.8, 1/20, iso1000, auto wb in P mode.

Here's another test shot outside Manly. Also OOC jpeg zoomed handheld at f5, 1/20, iso800. Clean and sharp.

05091AD5C2A44311AB76D8C80C9A1268.jpg

You can check out some of my sample shots so far here:Depeche77: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

Found out from TK Foto: $920 w/gst + 8GB SD & case

Call to check stock availability tho

Just gotten hold of mine 3 days back from SLR Revolution. Have experimented with it a little. What i can gather for now is that the macro ability is indeed non existance. So for those who like shooting macro, skip this camera. But if your main concern is pic quality,especially low light shooting. This is for you. Which is exactly why i bought it.

I am gonna do a couple of comparison shots with my 2 G series powershots. Namely my trusty G10 and the new G1x. See what difference will it show up. I am kind of intrigue myself.

hmmm.....sooo disappointing:( as yet to have any filter adapter available on the market:cry:...arghhh:angry:...!!!!!

Anyone knows where is the availability of the filter adapter in SG please share:thumbsup:...and Thanks in advance...!!!;)

hmmm.....sooo disappointing:( as yet to have any filter adapter available on the market:cry:...arghhh:angry:...!!!!!

Anyone knows where is the availability of the filter adapter in SG please share:thumbsup:...and Thanks in advance...!!!;)

Yah lah! When I went down to canon at harbour front to collect my case, I asked them about the filter adapter... they told me to leave my number and they will contact me when they stock it... from what I've read, this camera is very good for IR photography.

Yah lah! When I went down to canon at harbour front to collect my case, I asked them about the filter adapter... they told me to leave my number and they will contact me when they stock it... from what I've read, this camera is very good for IR photography.

Very good for IR photography....That sounds really interesting! Hope we can get our hands on the filter adapter real soon.

Just got mine yesterday. The pictures quality especially in low light condition is simply amazing.
Comparing it to s95 though. I also agree the Marco ability is almost useless. The g1x is Tad heavy.
Has anyone found any pouch for the camera yet? My s95fit into the crumpler thirsty al Perfectly.
So far I did not see any pouch as big to fit the g1x. Even my other largest thirsty al is not able to
Fit the g1x. Kinda sad though.

yyj05 said:
Just got mine yesterday. The pictures quality especially in low light condition is simply amazing.
Comparing it to s95 though. I also agree the Marco ability is almost useless. The g1x is Tad heavy.
Has anyone found any pouch for the camera yet? My s95fit into the crumpler thirsty al Perfectly.
So far I did not see any pouch as big to fit the g1x. Even my other largest thirsty al is not able to
Fit the g1x. Kinda sad though.

I use a Blackrapid SnapR 35 for my Fuji X100 and GF3. I think it should fit the G1X. Very neat bag!

Canong1xwith430ex2flash.jpg
[/IMG]

G1X combo with 430ex2 flash.

Agree that the G1X pictures look very nice. But one thing I realised that looking at the EXIF, resolution is only 180dpi as compared to 360dpi for my nex 5N. Am quite surprised cos the sensor mp is not that much different (14 vs 16) but the resolution drop by half.

I love the way it feels. Well crafted. Feels like holding a quality product. For Macro, I tried holding a Raynox DCR250 manually in frnt of the lens. There seems to be good potential for macro with this combo. Can't wait for the filter adaptor now :)

Agree that the G1X pictures look very nice. But one thing I realised that looking at the EXIF, resolution is only 180dpi as compared to 360dpi for my nex 5N. Am quite surprised cos the sensor mp is not that much different (14 vs 16) but the resolution drop by half.

DPI is "dots per inch", 14 MP is 14 million pixels. They are independent of each other.

You can save your 8MP file in 400dpi too. Its just a simple matter of the saving format. In the old days when we wanted to scan photos for incorporating in posters/artwork, we made sure at the desired output print size, we had at least 300dpi. Regardless of size.

Which may mean an A4 size photo only needs to be scanned at 120dpi but a colour slide film needs to be scanned at 1200dpi, for an equivalent print of 4R. Or about 1400 pixels across in total pixels.

See the difference ??

Canong1xwith430ex2flash.jpg
[/IMG]

G1X combo with 430ex2 flash.

If you don't need the reach of the 430, think the 270 or the 320 would be more balanced for the G1x ??

If you don't need the reach of the 430, think the 270 or the 320 would be more balanced for the G1x ??

Something that may be of interest to you guys... I'm using the 270ex, and strangely, although it works perfectly for my g12, the pics come out very dark for the g1x... i have to bump up the flash ev by about 2 stops before it looks anywhere like the brightness i get with the g12 when bounced off my home ceiling. So if you don't already have the 270ex, i would suggest getting the 320ex at the least for more firepower. I myself will probably get one soon.

Wah...so you went there to collect your case, is it the leather type of case? Tia, bro;) Hmm...I'm just wondering who's gonna come up with a "Filter-Tube"-type of Adapter that mounted directly/straight from the G1X's body instead of just a 'snap-on'-ring-type of the :nono:Original-filter adapter at the tip:sweat: of G1X's lens...?!?!?!...as I feel in that way, will minimise &/or even omit the chance of "Twisted-lens-barrel" while screwing/tightening a tad-too-much, you see, and need to send for servicing=$$$-incurred:bheart: (...for me, I can foresee/sense:bigeyes: the possibility of the "mishap" and not to add too much weight eg. cir-pol or DCR-250-CloseUp...!!!)

Last edited: