Canon G1X !

Just got mine yesterday ! :)

How much u bought and from where. Been hunting ard so far Manly at Chinatown quoted $879. Any place lower than these that anyone bought it care to share? Thanks

How much u bought and from where. Been hunting ard so far Manly at Chinatown quoted $879. Any place lower than these that anyone bought it care to share? Thanks

I think no need so stress.... just buy if diff between shops is 10-20 bucks. THe time and fares used for traveling to - fro is oredi worth $10 ea trip.... just enjoy the cam.

Seems like many places are out of stock. Anybody knows where to get one, or when will the stock arrive?
Tried the usual stores like AP, OP & CP. No luck.
Can't get TK because the phone number on the web seem incorrect, or nobody pick up the phone.

Thanks in advance.

Seems like many places are out of stock. Anybody knows where to get one, or when will the stock arrive?
Tried the usual stores like AP, OP & CP. No luck.
Can't get TK because the phone number on the web seem incorrect, or nobody pick up the phone.

Thanks in advance.

TK hardly picks up phone, especially during weekends or when they are busy. The guys there told me themselves that they don't pick up phones.

Guys if u all still waiting for the lens adapter, u can try to order the adapter through lens mate.. i have already ordered mine.. now waiting patiently for it to be shipped..
from what i know canon original adapter cost 39. made from abs plastic.
where as lens mate version is made from derlin material. seems better.
the price including shiping seems cheaper than canon original.

Last edited:
Filter adapter you mean? I got mine from ebay $11.xx made of metal. Works well.

everywhere is out of stock... anyone knows where and price i can get one ?

everywhere is out of stock... anyone knows where and price i can get one ?

THe new stock had just arrived. But some shops i called had markup the price. I only managed to find one store in amk selling $930. anyone happened to get it cheaper at any of the reputable shops care to share em here. Thanks

THe new stock had just arrived. But some shops i called had markup the price. I only managed to find one store in amk selling $930. anyone happened to get it cheaper at any of the reputable shops care to share em here. Thanks

no right and wrong to any price below $999 technically, because that's the RRP. as long as it's $999 and below, it's a "correct" price, just who is cheaper :)

not sure if you've seem some crazy shops selling above $1k for the first batch when the stock is running low... that's what you call "mark up" the price :bsmilie:

no right and wrong to any price below $999 technically, because that's the RRP. as long as it's $999 and below, it's a "correct" price, just who is cheaper :)

not sure if you've seem some crazy shops selling above $1k for the first batch when the stock is running low... that's what you call "mark up" the price :bsmilie:

Yes, agreed:), as what you said is correct eg RRP and below pricing...!!:thumbsup:

Yup, rather on the high side eg. $930...well all I can say is best of luck and continue to 'hunt' for a better price if not in a hurry lor..., but still I'd say it's really very well worth at the price even though if it's slightly on the high side cos of 'in-demand' scenarios...!!;)

Last edited:
I got mine at manly at chinatown on thurs at $899. Limited stock though.

Anyone else have pics to post from their G1x?

Anyone else have pics to post from their G1x?

I am currently in Tokyo with the G1X as my companion.
Have a tumblr blog I update for friends while away.

All pictures taken with G1X:

jordcstokes.jp

Nice size camera for travel, and great IQ.

A question to all those G1x users here... I read from Dpreview that the AF of the G1x could be very slow at times... is it really so bad ??

Thinking of replacing my old PnS to either S100 or G1x... but from the review... low battery life and the G1x AF issue is stopping me from deciding which model to get... I know of course the AF can't be as fast as DSLR's... but is it 'really' so bad ?? :sweat: Most shop have run out of stock... I can't even go and test test abit... :bsmilie:

The canon showroom at Vivo has a working display, you could try there.

I'm not familiar with point and shoots but I tried to shoot a stage event recently. The AF had trouble keeping up with moving objects but it's pretty decent for stationary subjects.

There's always manual focusing if the worst happens...

Hi,
Saw that it was offered in the PC show leaflet. Anyone bought it?

Af is definitely slower than my 500D but not that lousy unless u are shooting sports. It could be due to the camera trying to refocus a few more times before confirming and locking the focus.

I experienced the cam try to auto focus without me touching shutter button.

Overall G1X is great except the minimum focusing distance which not everyone can live with. Better to go test test. For general compact backup maybe s100 is better. However if u want control IQ and canon brand then maybe G1X.

I got mine at manly at chinatown on thurs at $899. Limited stock though.

Considered yours as quite a good price:thumbsup:.....no doubt was just a few bucks more than mine...!!;)

A question to all those G1x users here... I read from Dpreview that the AF of the G1x could be very slow at times... is it really so bad ??

Thinking of replacing my old PnS to either S100 or G1x... but from the review... low battery life and the G1x AF issue is stopping me from deciding which model to get... I know of course the AF can't be as fast as DSLR's... but is it 'really' so bad ?? :sweat: Most shop have run out of stock... I can't even go and test test abit... :bsmilie:

Seriously speaking and the answer is not sooo terribly that bad lah...( really have to depends on individual's skill...eg. if one is able to shoot a acrobatic-performance with a PnS as I had done it with HX9V in 'single-shot-mode:),...thus, very sure not so slow of its AF speed thingsss...)!!!!!!

Frankly speaking, the best is still personally go try/test it out on the AF speed things bro...!!;)

Af is definitely slower than my 500D but not that lousy unless u are shooting sports. It could be due to the camera trying to refocus a few more times before confirming and locking the focus.

I experienced the cam try to auto focus without me touching shutter button.

Overall G1X is great except the minimum focusing distance which not everyone can live with. Better to go test test. For general compact backup maybe s100 is better. However if u want control IQ and canon brand then maybe G1X.

Agreed with you for its AF thing...( of course can't hold a candle to DSLR if not its will be known as another new model of DSLR liao lor:bsmilie:, right??...hehehee...!!):bsmilie:

Well bro, you're experiencing "...the cam try to auto focus without me touching shutter button..." was simply bcos the default setting was set to 'Auto-Continuous-Focus',...just go inside menu to 'Off' it...;)