Canon G16 + S120 + DIGIC 6

raydio

Jun 25, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Within hours the following will be announced by Canon (from CR with CR3 rating):

PowerShot G16 with Digic 6
PowerShot S120 with Digic 6
PowerShot SX510 with Digic 4

I think the most important part of these announcements is the Digic 6 component. Looks like the 7D2 will come with Digic 6 as well as other DSLR's.

Announced!

what I don't understand is why the old old processor Digic IV... not even a Digic V in the SX510?

I asked the same question when I read the rumour and thought that maybe it was a typo. But even the official release states that the SX510 uses Digic 4.

I asked the same question when I read the rumour and thought that maybe it was a typo. But even the official release states that the SX510 uses Digic 4.

Look like Canon had plenty of left over stock for the Digic IV... or it is one of the more agressive price cutting measure they are doing :(

11456765005_005ffcff04_z.jpg

Know this is an old post. Just to update I went to enquire about the G16. Cathay quoted me S$620.60 while MS Color was S$616.00. All prices are GST included.

I just needed another P&S with a little more features and decided to settle for the set from MS Color. I hope you too can find your ideal Powershot series soon. Cheers.

Me too recently just got my hands on the G16 and loving it!