Canon G10 Housing

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you keep the underwater housing in the water when it is so buoyant. When I do leak test when I first bought it, I have to 'struggle' to keep the housing in the water.

I know the manual say you can put weights on the housing. But I guess you have to buy extra parts to attach the weights.

Anyone know other conventional and cheaper methods?

Thanks.

Go to any Sport Fishing supply store and get yourself some lead weight.... find a way to attach it to the casing. Cheapest method I know of.

Most of us, have so much attachment like strobe, arms & trays.... not forgetting divelights/torch.... that our casing no longer floats. :bsmilie:

How do you keep the underwater housing in the water when it is so buoyant. When I do leak test when I first bought it, I have to 'struggle' to keep the housing in the water.

I know the manual say you can put weights on the housing. But I guess you have to buy extra parts to attach the weights.

Anyone know other conventional and cheaper methods?

Thanks.

Once U fit the camera/strobes it should'nt be bouyant any more.

I've got a question here for using G9 underwater. I know this sounds stupid but will I be able to use the build in flash that come together with the camera? :sweatsm:

I've got a question here for using G9 underwater. I know this sounds stupid but will I be able to use the build in flash that come together with the camera? :sweatsm:

Yes you can. In general if you're going to use the camera flash u/w without strobes, then use it only for macro subjects where you're maybe less than 20-30cm away from the subject. Any further it would be advisable to just use manual wb and shoot in natural light to reduce the chance of bad backscatter.

Got a brand new set, havent been used! Bought @ S$350 w/ receipt. Selling cos switched to Ikelite!

If interested, drop me a mail!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.