Canon EOS1Ds to be announced at Photokina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mylau
Hey! We need 5 gig microdrives for this puppy! I think even pentium IV 2800Mhz does not have enough power to process the images fast enough!
Not to worry, by this time next year, we should have 3.6Ghz Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading Technology.

See www.tomshardware.com for an early benchmark; and www.anandtech.com for a sneak peek at a 4.5Ghz Pentium 4 demonstration at IDF (albeit using liquid nitro cooling).

If not enough, can always go multi-processor ;)

Originally posted by Darren
Not to worry, by this time next year, we should have 3.6Ghz Pentium 4 with Hyper Threading Technology.

See www.tomshardware.com for an early benchmark; and www.anandtech.com for a sneak peek at a 4.5Ghz Pentium 4 demonstration at IDF (albeit using liquid nitro cooling).

If not enough, can always go multi-processor ;)

Hmm I am still using a slow AMD 1.2G CPU :(

Originally posted by Jason Ho

Hmm I am still using a slow AMD 1.2G CPU :(

Slow? Then I must be a fossil. 866MHz P-III... Still pretty good and does the job quickly with my 62MB TIFF scans.

If everybody is complaining... then

I should be packing P3 500 in my grandfather trunk.

Confirmed by Canon themselves...

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,528206,00.asp?kc=PCTH102099TX1K0100488
Canon won't discuss the camera at length, but it has acknowledged that the release, though prematurely posted, was accurate. "We are confirming that all the information in the release concerning the product was correct and that we will introduce it at the Photokina show," says Chuck Westfall, assistant director of Canon's Technical Information Department. "But we will not divulge any details about the product—beyond what was said in the release—at this point." Photokina, the largest photography trade show in the world, will be held in Cologne, Germany from September 25 through September 30.

Originally posted by leonardlau
If everybody is complaining... then

I should be packing P3 500 in my grandfather trunk.

Then wat about my AMD K6-3 400Mhz CPU? Use as a key tag?

Back to the topic...

NIKON!!! Show us your D2s! Make us screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeam! Help us to drive down the prices of Canon DSLRs! :gbounce:

Originally posted by tomshen

I place $1... ;p

I pay $1.50 since I buy from him before.. anyone wanna beat this amazing price of $1.50 for a 1D

6000 US = 10-11k SGD. Same or near to what some store is selling 1D in singapore. I bet 1D will drop in price with the release of 1Ds.. but how much? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: Maybe as cheap as D30 ;p

Originally posted by Klause

I pay $1.50 since I buy from him before.. anyone wanna beat this amazing price of $1.50 for a 1D

Highest bid so far is from klause at $1.50. anyone interested in the camera has to outbid him.

PS: this is a preorder. Payment to do made first. Camera will only be given to buyer only after I have bought the 1Ds.

Highest bid so far is from klause at $1.50. anyone interested in the camera has to outbid him.

PS: this is a preorder. Payment to do made first. Camera will only be given to buyer only after I have bought the 1Ds.

Er, GST inclusive? :dunno:

Hey! We need 5 gig microdrives for this puppy! I think even pentium IV 2800Mhz does not have enough power to process the images fast enough!

cameras will need to write in another format soon , currenty use fat12 that has fat16 limitation of max 2 gig partition

i thin p4 2800 will be fast enough, my p3-933 could handle 73meg jpegs from coolscan 4 no problem and my p4 deffinatly has no problem, p3 only had 768M ram P4 512 at the moment as pc1066 expensive :-(

Originally posted by Red Dawn
Hi

sounds like a winner to me, if it comes to pass......... :) :D

i'm more interested in the fact that

1) it's supposed to be a CMOS sensor (like the D30) instead of a CCD sensor

2) it's supposed to be full frame

than the fact it's supposed to be 11.1 megapixels.

from bits and pieces i have seen around it seem like it is 2*D60 cmos chips turned on their side ,also is slow 2-3fps , ment for studio work.

maybe cannon are going to do what nikon did ie d1x d1h ??

Originally posted by Goondu

Er, GST inclusive? :dunno:

GST will be absorbed. :gbounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.