Canon EOS Experience is back! 2nd to 4th Nov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went today during lunch.... They have set up a 1 storey platform where they place all their long telephotos that you can have a go at, the 300 2.8, 400 DO and 1200mm is there as well.... I tried the 5d, 1dmkIII and 1dsmkII using either an 85 1.2 / 50 1.2.... Heh he it pays to be an early bird....

I have a feeling it's gonna get really crowded during the weekend.... the platform looks kinda flimsy and they only allow a certain number of ppl on it at 1 time.... those who come late might have to wait for their turn....

i don't know man
the last time John Cosgrove came to my school for a talk, he didn't really know how to use photoshop.

as in, he used photoshop, but didn't have a smooth flow. He didn't use hot keys, didn't use undo redo functions, layering options. maybe it was because he was new to CS3. But still.

:dunno:

:bsmilie: exposed!

I happened to pass by Suntec during the late afternoon and decided to pop in for a look even though the programs for the EOS Experience don't really start till Sat and Sun. Please note that you must register at the ground floor (the same place for registration of Canon PhotoMarathon) before going to level 6. The PIX entrance is free, but the registration is a slight hassle.

The Canon booth is impressive... easily the best amongst all the exhibitors. There are other vendors selling a host of other products, including Tamron and Sigma, lots of studio flash (Bowens, ProFoto etc), Hasselblad, Gitzo, various photo processing machines (Nortisu/Kodak/Fuji etc) and very interesting booths that offer services for creating coffeetable books and professional albums for wedding etc. All in all, the place is not very big but it offers a nice mix of photo vendors, and it is a very refreshing change from the leylong kind of selling show such as PC Show... :)

A thing to note... the show closes at 6 p.m and the security guards really did close the doors during that time! So come earlier if you wanna stroll around the hall in good time...

Oh no.... MASS MODEL SHOOT = MESS MODEL SHOOT... :bsmilie: Go go go.... go and squeeze ur way thru!

Maybe they have some special arrangement and surprises this time round? :)

Do support them by dropping by and see see first :)

Here're some photos snapped at the show... by the way, the EOS 1Ds MkIII is there at the Canon booth in the flesh! If you're looking for it, it's actually at the "EOS Professional Studio" area...

And there's a nice area for the seminars tomorrow. There're seats, but not that many. So if you wanna listen to the workshops in comfort, better "chope" your seats by arriving early. If I'm not wrong, the first workshop is on Colour Management for Photography at 11a.m, followed by a model shoot!

Big, nice and white!
IMG_2007.jpg

Pro Studio - EOS 1Ds Mk III, Elinchrome lights and large-format printers
IMG_2010.jpg

Lots of super-tele L lenses to try out!
IMG_2016.jpg

Free A4 prints with Canon PIXMA photo printers!
IMG_2024.jpg

See the evolution of EOS...
IMG_1994.jpg

Up for the Canon babes such as Chew Lian, Danielle, Christine and many many more :)

i don't know man
the last time John Cosgrove came to my school for a talk, he didn't really know how to use photoshop.

as in, he used photoshop, but didn't have a smooth flow. He didn't use hot keys, didn't use undo redo functions, layering options. maybe it was because he was new to CS3. But still.

:dunno:

he's a photojournalist.

so as a photojournalist, you're not supposed to do much in photoshop.

and if your picture is really that great, there isn't much to PS anyway. :)

he's a photojournalist.

so as a photojournalist, you're not supposed to do much in photoshop.

and if your picture is really that great, there isn't much to PS anyway. :)

not true. can't photoshop doesn't equate to not knowing how to.

my photog doesn't use it but he knows it better than me. :bsmilie:

Hey guys. Did you all attend it? I worked as a temp there. As a crew though. Wow, it's awesome. I'm at the conference part. And I'm able to listen lots of free talks and stuff. =D

Hey guys. Did you all attend it? I worked as a temp there. As a crew though. Wow, it's awesome. I'm at the conference part. And I'm able to listen lots of free talks and stuff. =D

Yeah....i did the photoshoot of the models for both days. But the last day i only attended the 3pm one.

Status
Not open for further replies.