Canon EOS 650D + 18-135 STM (real world 1080p)

faineant

Oct 2, 2008
Changi, Singapore
Hi guys, it's been awhile since i posted on Clubsnap. Recently purchased the 650D with the STM lens and did a short video with it on one of my cycling sessions at Ubin.

Just posting this in case anyone was wondering how the stereo mic/video/AF was like. As for how the continuous AF was for the STM; I'd say its faster than previous lenses but it definitely does not cut the mustard. It's pretty damn silent though. I had to disable continuous AF because it was hunting, and if you watch the video you'll know there's no need for it (I guess). Live-view is quicker too (relative to previous Canon's I've had -7D/50D). Wind noise is a big issue, but I try to edit it out by zero-ing the frequencies its on. I left some in there as an example of how loud it is!

Anyway I did manual focusing and I disabled continuous AF. Do have a look if you're considering buying the camera/lens (or intending to put down its capabilities for all its worth!) :cool: . The touchscreen works like a charm though.

Ketam Trail (Pulau Ubin, Singapore) - YouTube

Disclaimer: I'm no pro reviewer/editor/videographer/or someone who thinks I'm all that! Just wanted to share in case people wanted to see real-world stuff.