Canon EOS 550D.

Privilege Purchase = abt 20% retail price you find on canon's price list. if you dun mind the waiting time and already got a old cam to trade-in, you just bring it down to canon customer centre @ harbourfront.

Get a queue number and when your turn comes, tell the customer service officer you wan to buy a new cam thru the privilege purchase. bear in mind not all models are available in this prog. you will find out the price to pay from the svc officer and the freebies you can check out the canon web's dslr promotion list.

lastly. wait for the sms from canon to collect and make payment. :cool:

I just got mine from MS color colour yesterday! Cant wait to use it.
Body + kit Len 1 = $1,290. IT show promo of a free Canon Crumpler bag and 1x 8gb SD card, but u will need to register your warranty online, print out the registration confirmation, and then go down to harbourfront to redeem it together with ur purchase receipt. I was told i have to redeem before Wed, after that not valid.

are you sure? if its that way i'm getting mine later.

all shots taken with 50/1.8 & ISO12800...

4425282984_d2afacc886.jpg

4424518635_b2d913bb91.jpg

4424521195_21bb95ccf9.jpg

4424522125_e96ed2d706.jpg

...its deym good!:bigeyes:

Would be great to show a 100% crop. Thanks

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here, I like to get Canon 550D as my first DSLR, and have a few questions:

1). What is this CSC priviledge scheme?

Firstly,it's priviledge purchase scheme.You can trade in any used/spoilt canon camera and get 20% off the camera that you want

2). If buying from the outside shop not from IT show, does we get 2x8GB SD card or only 1 piece of 8GB SD card?

Some shops will give 2,some 1 only.Go and call the stores yourself.

3). Buying from shop must pay by cash? any surcharge if use credit card?

Cash/Nets/Credit card.Which credit card company does not want to earn your surcharge?

4). Is it worth to extend the warranty to another 2 years? I asked challenger at IT show, they say $180 for 2 years warranty extention, then can buy EF 50 f1.8mm @ $89. Wonder is it necessary to have 3 yrs warranty?

Now i ask you to get the extended warranty,2 years later,you regret.It's your money,your decision.

5). If buy from normal shop, is it able to get the extended warranty from Canon? or this only applicable on IT show?

If you buy from any authorised dealer(CP/AP/SLRR/MSC),you can get the extended warranty.

Appreciate your sharing if you know about the details on above questions.

Thanks a million!

My answers in RED:)

Hi, thanks, very informative.

I have question. If i want to buy my camera from John 3:16 at Funan. Can i extend warranty and get $89 for 50mm 1.8?

Reason:
- I want to buy from that shop instead of IT show is because i like their service even thou never buy anything from there yet:bsmilie:
- $189 to extend warranty for another 2 years is worthed. since my camera last time ever spoilt and luckily have warranty

Can someone enlighten me? i will buy it tomorrow, if i caan't get that benefits means i have to go down to IT show today :(

How much is John selling? If the price difference of the 550D from John and It show is somewhere around say, $50 (it should be more than that), then wat's the point of going down to the sardine show juz to get the lens at that price?

I dunno whether you have factored that thought in so juz a reminder...besides, maybe you can also ask for a better pricing on the 50mm from John? Haha...juz IMO...

HTH. :)

John selling body only at $1130. Not sure alrd inclsv of gst or not yet. What i want to know is that if i able to get the crumpler bag also haha. -.-

Hi, thanks, very informative.

I have question. If i want to buy my camera from John 3:16 at Funan. Can i extend warranty and get $89 for 50mm 1.8?

Reason:
- I want to buy from that shop instead of IT show is because i like their service even thou never buy anything from there yet:bsmilie:
- $189 to extend warranty for another 2 years is worthed. since my camera last time ever spoilt and luckily have warranty

Can someone enlighten me? i will buy it tomorrow, if i caan't get that benefits means i have to go down to IT show today :(

Yup,you can get the 50mm f1.8 even if you get from John:)

John selling body only at $1130. Not sure alrd inclsv of gst or not yet. What i want to know is that if i able to get the crumpler bag also haha. -.-

Yes,you will get the bag even if you buy your cam from John.Just remember to register your online warranty and you can get the bag from Canon:)

should ask them whether is it a grey set

anyone knows exactly how to claim the free bag? i registered my warranty and printed it out. but it didnt prompt me at all to get the bag.

I just got mine from MS color colour yesterday! Cant wait to use it.
Body + kit Len 1 = $1,290. IT show promo of a free Canon Crumpler bag and 1x 8gb SD card, but u will need to register your warranty online, print out the registration confirmation, and then go down to harbourfront to redeem it together with ur purchase receipt. I was told i have to redeem before Wed, after that not valid.

Lucky you... i just received quote from them today and quickly changed to go hoot the camera.
And i suddenly got 'enlightened' by the sudden downpour that i should call to enquire about stocks level.

NO MOre Stocks!! Have to call next week to check again. So i hid in a corner and cried...

anyone knows exactly how to claim the free bag? i registered my warranty and printed it out. but it didnt prompt me at all to get the bag.

Take the printed registration info down to the Canon Digital place near harbourfront. It's the same building as the Canon Service Centre, but you get the bag and memory card from the place on the ground floor, not from the Service Centre.

Take the printed registration info down to the Canon Digital place near harbourfront. It's the same building as the Canon Service Centre, but you get the bag and memory card from the place on the ground floor, not from the Service Centre.

thanks alot! no need receipt and the warranty paper in e box?

FYI
A friend bought a 550D + 18-135mm at the IT show for 1799.
Comes with 3 memory cards + tripod + bag + 320G Hard disk.

Last edited:
woo...last day le one more memory card thrown in...

But i tot the 550D is so popular...they dun really need to throw in anything extra, do they?

:dunno:

My friends just bought a 550D and he can't register online... hahaha :bsmilie:

Unrecognized Serial Number!

Anybody got this problem?