Canon EOS 450D Club - PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman23xx

Deregistered
Aug 14, 2008
Hello Everyone! Due to requests of some CANON 450D CubSnap members, i've restarted the CANON 450D CLUB once again. There are some new name changes and rules that apply to this new club, as to once again, requests by the fellow old good friends/members. Please do read the rules and regulations below, and try to stick to them. Thank you!

For Equippment related posts, please refer to the Canon EOS 450D Club - GED thread.

Rules And Regulations:

-This Thread is meant for Picture sharing/Picture Taking Tips/Complements

-Preferred to have CANON 450D users, but anyone is welcome to join and share.

Try to abide to the rules mentioned above. There won't be any penalties or such if you break a rule. But your post, may be subjected to removal.

Thanks To Everyone. Enjoy your contribution.

GMAN

Last edited:
let me start the ball rolling...

Red Dot Museum HDR..
RedDotMuseumHDR.jpg

RDHMDR2.jpg

According to my fren who saw the original photos, he said that my white balance looked off...i was using the cloudy wb...as it was a cloudy evening...haha....will try another shot if i haf the chance...

let me start the ball rolling...

Red Dot Museum HDR..
RedDotMuseumHDR.jpg

RDHMDR2.jpg

According to my fren who saw the original photos, he said that my white balance looked off...i was using the cloudy wb...as it was a cloudy evening...haha....will try another shot if i haf the chance...
Your friend's right, WB is a little off. Haha...anyway, nice pictures. How do you do HDR?

GMAN

Sunset @ Vivocity
Taken on the same day of the Fireworks display

3080699646_9eee70565e.jpg

3067922999_f4087045c2.jpg

3067921549_1dd318a4a6.jpg

3067924569_ff2d1ab60d.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pictures. Thanks for Sharing.

GMAN

gman u interested in HDR? here are some of my photos.. haha

pls comment

3092397291_d1f57e20b1_b.jpg

3091905598_271eec44a8_b.jpg

I hope you guys don't mind, I'm not a 450D user.
Some comments.

For the first batch of HDR, there's haloing seen, which is usual for overdone HDR. And also the second shot is very tilted.

The third batch, in the first picture there is very obvious horizon tilt as well, and it seems there is way too much space on the top. Also, picture is bland and dull. I have a query though, why is it that the bottom of the picture looks brighter than the top? The second picture is too surrealistic, it's not the true intention of HDR. And, there is no point of interest to catch the attention of viewers as well. Greens seem oversaturated too.

Hope you guys don't mind my comments.

Some comments.

For the first batch of HDR, there's haloing seen, which is usual for overdone HDR. And also the second shot is very tilted.

The third batch, in the first picture there is very obvious horizon tilt as well, and it seems there is way too much space on the top. Also, picture is bland and dull. I have a query though, why is it that the bottom of the picture looks brighter than the top? The second picture is too surrealistic, it's not the true intention of HDR. And, there is no point of interest to catch the attention of viewers as well. Greens seem oversaturated too.

thanks for the comments!
it's my first 2 HDR pics btw.. haha

the bland and dull picture is because it was a rainy day so couldn't really see a lot of cloud and sky colour anyway.. but i guess i could do more about the rest of the colours.. i had wanted to make the whole picture gloomy and sad coz that was what i was feeling when i took the picture due to the rain..

the second pic yeah i know it looks too 'processed' as i was just tweaking ard the photomatix settings.. actually i have a nicer one somewhere in my harddrive but i din put it up in flickr

thanks for the comments!
it's my first 2 HDR pics btw.. haha

the bland and dull picture is because it was a rainy day so couldn't really see a lot of cloud and sky colour anyway.. but i guess i could do more about the rest of the colours.. i had wanted to make the whole picture gloomy and sad coz that was what i was feeling when i took the picture due to the rain..

the second pic yeah i know it looks too 'processed' as i was just tweaking ard the photomatix settings.. actually i have a nicer one somewhere in my harddrive but i din put it up in flickr
Not bad pictures, but 2nd pictures composure, could have been better. Too much illusion confuses the eye.

GMAN

Some comments.

yup..i was trying to reduce the halo-ing around the trees but didnt know how to do it properly....when i manage to remove the halo-ing the pic didnt turn out so good...so i tot...wad the hell...jus leave it...hahaa...

as for the tilting..i haf been taking tilted shots on many occasions...i tried taking a shot of a building with alot of symmetrical lines but it will still be tilted no matter how i try...need to improve on that part...actually still need to improve on all parts...hahaa

Thanx for the comments... =)

Taken with 450D 17-40 f4L HDR

3105596896_eee0e1bcc8_b.jpg

450D 17-40 f4L

Wild Monkey

3097456809_fde99528d2_b.jpg

PyeeL mentioned the haloing effect. In this picture, it seems to work well for me....It gave the Garuda a nice emphasis :D.... or does it?

Ofcourse this is taken on my trusted steed, the 450D and 17-40 f4L

I went on a trip to Bali carrying only 17-40 and 450D with its built in flash....Many of my friends call me crazy, but I find it sufficient for most situations :D

I got a good deal for a 50D which I am going to test tomorrow. However, as I've told a gazillion on my friends, I think there is no better dSLR in the entry level range than the 450D. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the 50D is at least as good as the 450D :D

3104738697_4fa971bd3b_b.jpg

Last edited:
"I think there is no better dSLR in the entry level range than the 450D."

Well said. I agree as well.

GMAN

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Certainly didn't disappoint me from the day it landed on my hands. If not for my own preferences, I would be holding a D60 if I had heed my frens' advices. ;)

Last edited:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Certainly didn't disappoint me from the day it landed on my hands. If not for my own preferences, I would be holding a D60 if I had heed my frens' advices. ;)

nice panning shot. i have picked that skill up yet...

nice panning shot. i have picked that skill up yet...

Thx for the nice comments.

I also just started picking it up recently only after reading up on it at this forums. I sat at one of the bench, free-feeding mozzies and out of like 20 shots. That's one of the few better ones.

sorry arh, but how to do HDR?
400D can or not arh?

Status
Not open for further replies.