Canon EOS 1D X announced

Soundaholic

Jan 28, 2010
Ha Noi, Vietnam, Vietnam
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1110/11101810canoneos1dx.asp

I swear I just had this sudden urge to visit dpreview for the first time in weeks, and there it was, the very top news
Anyway, 18MP FF, and a pretty amazing 14fps, or 12fps with continuous AF, and 61 focus points. The Canon representative they're combining the 1D and 1Ds line with this, so I guess Canon is leaving really high resolution FF sensors for the 5D line now?

THey focus on high fps instead of mega pixel. Nikon is going the opposite.

Waiting for 5d3

i think that's what Canon main motive is...moderate pixel count but better noise and AF performance.

They're probably leaving the high megapixel count sensors for the 5D line and making high fps, lower mp for 1D line for pro sports photographer, sort of like pushing the old 1Ds line to the 5D. It does make sense to streamline their products for more specific purposes rather than to try and come up with do-it-all bodies I guess

High megapixel pro body will be coming as "1Ds X" ........ may be 39/42mp .......

isn't tt jus like nikon's?:s

JohnHo said:

Isn't that the card that Nikon was playing before? ha ha

Hope they make 5D3 using the same sensor.

double CF cards... wow...

quite impressed. if i got money to splurge i dun mind buying one haha.

I don't think that camera would not coming in to singapore this year.Must wait until they announce.

My dream canon camera... Drools...

Personally I think it really inherited alot of feature from the 7D... which I think is like a "Mini 1D X". ;)

Personally I think it really inherited alot of feature from the 7D... which I think is like a "Mini 1D X". ;)
Don't think it's "inherit". More like 7D was the guinea pig. :bsmilie: That's what Canon does, introduce/trial new/advance features on lower end cameras and check the market's response before putting them into their flagship models.