Canon EF-S 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 IS USM...worth to invest on compared to 3rd party lens??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahlan

Dec 2, 2008
Woodlands, Singapore
www.kantaimages.com
Hi canon-ers, would like to get feedback from those owning this lens as to wether there is significant difference compared to other brands like tokina 11-16mm, sigma 10-20mm...etc...thanks...

also looking at this lens... not sure if I should get it :(

If got IS, then sure better than competition. ;)

IS doesn't seem necessary for the short focal length.

i thought the canon 10-22 didn't have IS. I have a sigma 10-20 F3.5 and i think it's a pretty nice lens.

dun noe tokina 11-16mm f2.8 meet ur requirement?

opssss...it doesnt??my bad...but then again, i'm leaning towards this lens rather than the others...so am hoping to get first hand comments from those owning one...

i am using a sigma EX 10-20, it's a fine lens.

What I am worried above sigma is that it might not be compatible in future canon bodies.....

If budget allows, go for Canon, if not then make the 2nd best choice :)

Hi canon-ers, would like to get feedback from those owning this lens as to wether there is significant difference compared to other brands like tokina 11-16mm, sigma 10-20mm...etc...thanks...
It's significantly sharper than all the third party UWAs other than the Tokina 11-16. Was considering between the 10-22 and the Tokina but got the 10-22 since it focuses much closer and goes wider(1mm difference may seem very little but in UWA photography, it means alot).

1 cent money 1 cent goods.

There are no 3rd party UWA lens that betters the Canon 10-22mm technically. But often these 3rd party lens is enough for most shooters.

Still, I will choose the 10-22mm simply for the fact it has a very high resale value.

I bought mine at $850 used 1 year ago and I still see them being sold for $900.

I am using the 10-22 EFS, very nice lens and good pictures produced. It's a little expensive now, but I think worth the money if the IQ is important to you.

10-22 is the other part to the 17-55.

their quality is 2nd to none on the market.

i think its purely for marketing reasons canon chooses not to label them L lenses (or perhaps as exclusive term for EF lenses.

If you don't need the tokina's f/2.8, go for the canon 10-22! :thumbsup:

When I was doing my research for this lens it was basically a toss up between the Canon 10-22 vs the Tokina 11-16. The Tokina is sharper, cheaper and f/2.8 but has more CA and a limited range. Canon is sharp in its own right, super flare resistance, exhibits very low distortion and has less CA and has a versatile range. Choose the one that suits your needs best, can't go wrong with either.

My 10-22 shots if you are interested...
flickr.com/tags/efs1022mmf3545usm/

Status
Not open for further replies.