Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 USM L IS II review

yeah it really is tempting price but the waiting is an agony.. sigh ill try to walk in shops and pray pray they have it on the day i walk in :p though am still praying ms color will call me already :(

Last edited:
why compare so much? it's not like people are using canon lenses on nikon bodies or nikon lenses on canon bodies ;p

yeah it really is tempting price but the waiting is an agony.. sigh ill try to walk in shops and pray pray they have it on the day i walk in :p though am still praying ms color will call me already :(

please let me know how much did ms color quote you. thanks. :)

Florence from MS Color quoted me $3450
John316 quoted me $3300

Both said no stocks.

Does anyone out there know which shop has got the stock already?

Florence from MS Color quoted me $3450
John316 quoted me $3300

Both said no stocks.

Does anyone out there know which shop has got the stock already?

I was quoted by john $3400 this afternoon. Cp : $3600. The shop opposite John $3424

I was quoted by john $3400 this afternoon. Cp : $3600. The shop opposite John $3424

Wow, the presence of SLR Revolution has really helped to keep the prices at John 3:16 in check. :bsmilie: Maybe I can visit John 3:16 when I need stuff in future... :bsmilie:

BTW, TK Photo is moving to second floor of Funan too. Hopefully, that will help to keep the prices in Cathay Photo down, especially when it comes to Lee Filters and Gitzo stuff. Oh man, I LOVE competition. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow, the presence of SLR Revolution has really helped to keep the prices at John 3:16 in check. :bsmilie: Maybe I can visit John 3:16 when I need stuff in future... :bsmilie:

BTW, TK Photo is moving to second floor of Funan too. Hopefully, that will help to keep the prices in Cathay Photo down, especially when it comes to Lee Filters and Gitzo stuff. Oh man, I LOVE competition. :thumbsup:
Yup when they heard how much Alan Photo and SLRR offered me for a 85mm f1.8, they bettered the offer by $10. :)

haha....BBB virus on!

btw, 3 in Q for both john and SLRrevo shop.

I am going to Hong Kong soon. Hence would like to find out if it is cheaper to get it over there. If yes, any particular shop (address pl) with honest dealing? What is the current price now and where?
Many thanks in advance.

I am going to Hong Kong soon. Hence would like to find out if it is cheaper to get it over there. If yes, any particular shop (address pl) with honest dealing? What is the current price now and where?
Many thanks in advance.

I am going to HK next month as well and a colleague provided to me the following information. The approx price should be around S$3000 in HK from the weblink. The 580 flash is approx S$550.

Below are reliable shops in HK to buy camera or electronic products.
1/ Wing Shing (永成) or Man Shing (萬成)in Mong Kok. Reasonable price.
2/ Fortress (豐澤) – it is a chain store you can find in any shopping mall in HK
3/ Tin Cheung (天祥) in Tsim Sha Tsui – a little bit pricy on some products.
4/ Broadway (百老匯) – it is a chain store you can find in any shopping mall in HK. They have a big retail shop in Mong Kok. Good service but price will be usually higher than the above shops.

They are all official dealer of Canon in HK. I think all Canon products would have international warranty if you buy from official dealer.

If you see “現金” means the price quoted has to be paid in cash only.
If you see “碌卡” means the price quoted is accepted in credit card.
If you see “現金或碌卡” means the price quoted is accepted either in cash or credit card.

Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS II USM
http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=115067
The link lists shops with the most competative price in HK

Canon Speedlit 580EX
http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=112840

I am going to HK next month as well and a colleague provided to me the following information. The approx price should be around S$3000 in HK from the weblink. The 580 flash is approx S$550.

Below are reliable shops in HK to buy camera or electronic products.
1/ Wing Shing (永成) or Man Shing (萬成)in Mong Kok. Reasonable price.
2/ Fortress (豐澤) – it is a chain store you can find in any shopping mall in HK
3/ Tin Cheung (天祥) in Tsim Sha Tsui – a little bit pricy on some products.
4/ Broadway (百老匯) – it is a chain store you can find in any shopping mall in HK. They have a big retail shop in Mong Kok. Good service but price will be usually higher than the above shops.

They are all official dealer of Canon in HK. I think all Canon products would have international warranty if you buy from official dealer.

If you see “現金” means the price quoted has to be paid in cash only.
If you see “碌卡” means the price quoted is accepted in credit card.
If you see “現金或碌卡” means the price quoted is accepted either in cash or credit card.

Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8 L IS II USM
http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=115067
The link lists shops with the most competative price in HK

Canon Speedlit 580EX
http://www.price.com.hk/product.php?p=112840

Thanks. See your PM.

Walk-in and purchased a piece of from CP-M today. :vhappy:

The built quality is superb! Will be trying out the lens this weekend.

Walk-in and purchased a piece of from CP-M today. :vhappy:

The built quality is superb! Will be trying out the lens this weekend.

No need for reservation or have you reserved it before hand and what is the price you bought?

No need for reservation or have you reserved it before hand and what is the price you bought?

I did not make any reservation. Just happened to go Marina Square for lunch and pop in CP-M. Ask the SE and they got stock. Pain Pain 1 time pay for it. Think the price for this lens will be pretty stiff. I will seperately PM you the price. Didn't want to hijack this thread to become price discussion which is not the intend of the TS.

I had done some checking & calculation and I find that getting oversea don't really save that much and not sure if the Warranty will be honoured by Canon Singapore. Too many uncertainty for me. As I understand, from 1st Aug 10 onwards, All Canon products only have local warranty. Luckily, this piece I purchased still comes with the International Warranty Card.

Sorry to OT abit. Do you guys recommend paying for the 2 extra years of extended warranty? I have checked that it'll cost $240 if I pay within 14 days. As this lens is quite pricey, I'm thinking of paying for it. If decide after 14 days It'll cost $300.

I did not make any reservation. Just happened to go Marina Square for lunch and pop in CP-M. Ask the SE and they got stock. Pain Pain 1 time pay for it. Think the price for this lens will be pretty stiff. I will seperately PM you the price. Didn't want to hijack this thread to become price discussion which is not the intend of the TS.

I had done some checking & calculation and I find that getting oversea don't really save that much and not sure if the Warranty will be honoured by Canon Singapore. Too many uncertainty for me. As I understand, from 1st Aug 10 onwards, All Canon products only have local warranty. Luckily, this piece I purchased still comes with the International Warranty Card.

Sorry to OT abit. Do you guys recommend paying for the 2 extra years of extended warranty? I have checked that it'll cost $240 if I pay within 14 days. As this lens is quite pricey, I'm thinking of paying for it. If decide after 14 days It'll cost $300.

Thanks for your PM but I think you got chop by CP-M as this lens can be had for $3350 cash nett and + 2% more by credit card at TK and they still have stock. I just enquired over the weekend.

As for the extra warranty, that is how Canon force you to make a hasty decision, which is usually wrong. I don't see the point in paying this amount of money for something you may not need at such a short span of time.

Canon is a very reliable and reputed brand, so no worries at all but if you have the cash to spend then by all means if you want to donate some pocket money, go ahead and do so.

Last edited:
SLR Rev > $3305 cash. Anyone bought?

Is it worth upgrading to Mk2 if you own Mk1? Please advise. Thanks.

nope, the diff is not noticeable unless you are a very expert user.