Canon EF 16-35 f/4L IS

Heh I managed to get my hands on a 24-70 2.8 i. That should suffice if not yeah the 24-70 4is sounds good!

Wrt using it more.. Isnt that always a problem for hobbyists? Everyday I look at my dry cabinet and I wish I had a day off every month for each of my cameras and lenses. :)

It's normal and I felt that too. Ever since I attached and now married, I've even lesser time for photography and all my equipment and batts have not been used for over half a year, some over a year.

It's normal and I felt that too. Ever since I attached and now married, I've even lesser time for photography and all my equipment and batts have not been used for over half a year, some over a year.

Yea... marriage and kids will do that to you... LOL. When the kids are young, you can take your equipment out again for a few years and capture their youth. But when they get to a certain age, dad's camera becomes an irritant and they'll frown whenever you take it out. Before long, they'll refuse any photo to be taken with them in it... sigh.

Oh well, there's so many other type of photography... cityscapes, seascapes, architecture, macro, product, events, etc.

Yea... marriage and kids will do that to you... LOL. When the kids are young, you can take your equipment out again for a few years and capture their youth. But when they get to a certain age, dad's camera becomes an irritant and they'll frown whenever you take it out. Before long, they'll refuse any photo to be taken with them in it... sigh. Oh well, there's so many other type of photography... cityscapes, seascapes, architecture, macro, product, events, etc.

That's very true and especially when the 'era' of every week going out to shoot is over. But from time to time really need to bring the equipment out and shoot in order to ensure that all works well.

And maybe can stave off fungus by exposing to sunlight once in a while.. (?)

Agree that many things change once you start a family.

And maybe can stave off fungus by exposing to sunlight once in a while.. (?)

Agree that many things change once you start a family.

I suppose so that's why I've to use my equipment once in a while, cannot to have anything fail on me except my 7-year old 5D. :eek:

Was wondering, how many folks here are hesitating getting the 16-35 f/4 IS after seeing news of the potential 14-24 f/4 OS from Sigma, rumored to be announced in September? Maybe this will be the year of the wide angles, if they all came true with Canon following up with the 11-24 f/2.8.
:eek:

Was wondering, how many folks here are hesitating getting the 16-35 f/4 IS after seeing news of the potential 14-24 f/4 OS from Sigma, rumored to be announced in September? Maybe this will be the year of the wide angles, if they all came true with Canon following up with the 11-24 f/2.8.
:eek:

I think that the three lenses are serving very different markets, particularly the Canon lenses.

The Canon EF 16-35 f/4 is serving more of a budget conscious, consumer/hobbyist market, which does not detract from the quality or fine reputation of the lens.

The Canon 11-24 f/2.8 is targetted towards professionals and serious hobbyists who are willing to pay a substantial premium to get the best quality lens available.

The Sigma 11-24 probably will fit somewhere in the middle of the two Canon lenses.

As of last Sat (13 Sep 2014),

Cathay $1320 (CC and cash)
Click $1295 (CC +2%)
SLRR $1295 (CC +3%)
TK $1299 (CC +2%)
OP $1299 (CC +3%)
AP $1305 (CC +2%)

Best call to confirm pricing and availability before going down.
:)

Click $1295 (CC +2%)
SLRR $1295 (CC +3%)
TK $1299 (CC +2%)
OP $1299 (CC +3%)
AP $1305 (CC +2%)

Seems like prices have come down a little since launch.

Makes it even more attractive... :D

Click $1295 (CC +2%)
SLRR $1295 (CC +3%)
TK $1299 (CC +2%)
OP $1299 (CC +3%)
AP $1305 (CC +2%)

Tks! Went down to fun an today and it's indeed priced as indicated!

Yea... marriage and kids will do that to you... LOL. When the kids are young, you can take your equipment out again for a few years and capture their youth. But when they get to a certain age, dad's camera becomes an irritant and they'll frown whenever you take it out. Before long, they'll refuse any photo to be taken with them in it... sigh.

Oh well, there's so many other type of photography... cityscapes, seascapes, architecture, macro, product, events, etc.

Can always teach the kids photography from young too....

Bought it at SLR Revolution and after trying out for a few days, I must say it is an extremely good lens for the money. To top it off, it's not a heavy lens. Definitely a keeper!

Bought it at SLR Revolution and after trying out for a few days, I must say it is an extremely good lens for the money. To top it off, it's not a heavy lens. Definitely a keeper!

Did you pay $1,295 for it? It saw that second hand is selling at $1,200. It seems that this lens has very high resale value.

Did you pay $1,295 for it? It saw that second hand is selling at $1,200. It seems that this lens has very high resale value.
I rather buy new if it's going for that kind of price.

That guy need to do some work on his pricing.