Canon D60 comparisons & field reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if it make sense to invest in a DSLR since the price is quite ex. In my own opinion, a prosumer level digi cam can do a good job. e.g are Sony F707, Dimage 7 or a Canon Pro90 IS.

Any comment?

I would suggest you look at earlier threads where this was intensely discussed. Also, you may wish to look at the photos in the galleries taken by SLRs (film or digital) and those taken by consumer digicams and come to your own conclusions.

Originally posted by jimtong
I am not sure if it make sense to invest in a DSLR since the price is quite ex. In my own opinion, a prosumer level digi cam can do a good job. e.g are Sony F707, Dimage 7 or a Canon Pro90 IS.

Any comment?

The difference is the lens my friend,
even in DSLR if you put in a lousy lens you don't get sharp pic but
at least you can change it. In a consumer d-camera the lens
is fixed, you have no choice.

Aperture is one way of getting good results in certain type of pic but in most consumer d-camera the aperture is sadly small and
do not give you much of a choice.

Originally posted by jimtong

Any comment?

yup. tons ;)

u can read them over here

Originally posted by Dennis
The difference is the lens my friend,
even in DSLR if you put in a lousy lens you don't get sharp pic but
at least you can change it. In a consumer d-camera the lens
is fixed, you have no choice.

Aperture is one way of getting good results in certain type of pic but in most consumer d-camera the aperture is sadly small and
do not give you much of a choice.

there's a lot more to that than lenses and aperture.

see this

Status
Not open for further replies.