Canon BG-E7 battery grip battery door squeak.

MARK1992

Jan 30, 2010
Hello guys. I've got a question for BG-E7 owners. When you push the battery door at the hinge in the same direction that you insert the batteries, does it squeak rather loudly?

If no, should I go to the shop where I bought the grip from, or straight to Canon Singapore for an exchange?

Many thanks, Mark.

And how are you going to tell them that with a squeaky door, it will affect your image quality?

And how are you going to tell them that with a squeaky door, it will affect your image quality?

I don't think I mentioned that it affected image quality. I hope you were not trying to be funny, because it is pathetic.

Build quality on the other hand, this is not what I expect for $200.

Last edited:
My Battery Grip has the same problem as well. The person at the camera shop told me that it was plastic and therefore it will be squeaky. But is this really the case? Anyone else with the same battery grip got this problem?

mine is a lil' cranky too. sometimes the buttons on the batt grip will not work even though the grip is switched on.

pfff, going back to CSC soon.

Did a google search. Nobody seems to be having this problem other than MARK1992 which suggests it may have been a manufacturing defect. Where did you get your grip from? I got mine at TK FOTO. He made a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGLF6kGxFe4. Mine is exactly like that. The video is not extra loud or anything.

And much to the contrary, all the reviews i've seen have been complimenting the battery grip as being solid. It is weird that not one of them seems to have encountered this squeaking.