Canon A570IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

shendeerzi

Mar 7, 2005
All,
everyone has any experience using the new Canon A570IS camera? Is it good? My friend is considering to get one.
Thank you :)

All,
everyone has any experience using the new Canon A570IS camera? Is it good? My friend is considering to get one.

Yup I have tried it. Other than the flash recharge is abit slow, is a not bad camera :)

The review from Digital Camera Resource Page is out :-

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_a570-review/

What I like about the A570IS :-
Image stabilizer :- can be used for movie mode.
Movie feature :- it can take about 32 minutes of video in 640x480 / 30fps on a 4gb SDHC.
Face Detect :- is a plus point for those group / portrait shots.

What I don't like :-
Noise level :- iso 400/800 appeared to be higher that it's 'older' sibling - A710IS.
4x zoom :- could have made longer range like 6x or 8x.

Hi,
thank you for all your feedback. I was quoted SG390 for the camera which comes with free 1 Gb SD plus 4 rechargeable batts and charger at MS color. Add another $40 for a 2 Gb SD card.
Anyone with better pricing?

Hi,
thank you for all your feedback. I was quoted SG390 for the camera which comes with free 1 Gb SD plus 4 rechargeable batts and charger at MS color. Add another $40 for a 2 Gb SD card.
Anyone with better pricing?

Good pricing already ....

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bought 400 dollars at Cathay. For this price, I will say its value for money as it has a lot of features. Got AV, TV, M, flash adjustment and tons of scene modes. The menu transition is fast, especially playback mode. Image quality is ok.. but its nothing compared to a SLR. Noise and jpg artifacts visible.

One thing I find anoying is that you can't transfer pictures from PC to camera and view it on the camera, without using Zoombrowser software.

Status
Not open for further replies.