Canon 6D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone advise on the AF abilities, is it as snappy as the 7D, 5D3 or like the 5D2?

Silas said:
Can anyone advise on the AF abilities, is it as snappy as the 7D, 5D3 or like the 5D2?

Should be as snappy as the 5dmk3 i guess..definitely better than the mk2...

Yes because we have actually used it.:kok:

So u tired it and it's quicker than 5D2. Is it as fast as 5D3?

You shld note the sarcasm. :)

Don't think anyone can advise you at this moment since it's just been announced and not yet on sale.

Not cross type other than the center but are they -3 Ev sensitive? -3 Ev is more sensitive than 1DX.

Are all points cross type? Or only the centre point?

Chrissp said:

Don't think anyone can advise you at this moment since it's just been announced and not yet on sale.

There is a possibility that the person has tried the 6D at photokina in Germany...

esoeij said:
Are all points cross type? Or only the centre point?

Only center....based on specs published

The 6D is essentially a single cross-AF sensor, like the 5D2. If you are planning to track athletes or birds with the 6D, I'll advise you to stick to the 7D and 5D3.

From this link, the shutter lag for the 6D is similar to that for 7D and 5D3 (~ 59 ms). The 5D2 shutter lag is 73 ms.

Also, snappy AF means nothing to me. I used to own the 7D and while its AF is snappy, it is inaccurate compared to the 5D3 and 60D.

There is a possibility that the person has tried the 6D at photokina in Germany...

You really need to learn how to detect sarcasm.

dodgethis said:
You really need to learn how to detect sarcasm.

I thought my statement in itself carried a hint of sarcasm....didn't u notice? :p

U need a bigger lighter to start a forest fire. LoL! I posed a sincere question and hoped dodgethis can share first hand experience. It's highly possible for people to have tried the prototype before it was announced.

The 6D is essentially a single cross-AF sensor, like the 5D2. If you are planning to track athletes or birds with the 6D, I'll advise you to stick to the 7D and 5D3.

From this link, the shutter lag for the 6D is similar to that for 7D and 5D3 (~ 59 ms). The 5D2 shutter lag is 73 ms.

Also, snappy AF means nothing to me. I used to own the 7D and while its AF is snappy, it is inaccurate compared to the 5D3 and 60D.

Not using to track the subjects u mentioned but more for street and kids. My 5DC is as so slow...the action is almost always over before AF locks. I use my 7D primarily for birds and action tracking, although misses do occur, i would say the hit rate satisfies my needs thus far.

Yes I feel the same way too.

7D's AF is highly eccentric, sometimes good and sometimes absolutely crazy (esspecially with older lens). Always give me a feel that it is an experimental AF concept by Canon.

LensRentals.com - Autofocus Reality Part 3B: Canon Cameras

U need a bigger lighter to start a forest fire. LoL! I posed a sincere question and hoped dodgethis can share first hand experience. It's highly possible for people to have tried the prototype before it was announced.

huh? I was trying to start a forest fire? :what: ... oh well ... I reply with kind intentions to highlight to you dodgethis's sarcasm in his comments and this is what i get ... :dunno:

Last edited:
Interview by Cameralabs with Canon representative at Photokina on 6D:
[video=youtube;xez3iLe_eko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez3iLe_eko[/video]

The last bits were funny. Cameralabs: "Do you know about the nikon D600?" ... Canon: "I couldn't comment about a competitor's product which I haven't seen" ... Cameralabs: "You should hear what they say about yours!" ... :bsmilie: ... Poor canon guy, he did his best.

Haha poor Canon guy indeed, he tried his best.

Canon should have turn the "reality distortion field" a knob higher. Most people are not impressed with the 6D when compared to D600. Wifi and GPS or even -3ev AF cannot hide the fact that 6D is a lousy effort.

Was there ever a best Car?
The best specs PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.