Canon 550D

atomtomion

Sep 11, 2010
Hi,

I would like to buy a Canon 550D kit 2 after i check all the retail shops. the price is around 1590 to 1600. However i found one website selling at 1510. I would like to ask is this website trust worthy and is it better to get at the website or the well-known shops.

Canon EOS 550D (Badged as 550D) Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-135mm IS Lens
$1,510
at http://ddelectronics.com.sg/product...R-Camera-with-EF%2dS-18%2d135mm-IS-Lens.html#

I would like to ask all the seniors who know the pros and cons to guide me. thanks.:)

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think you should save yourself the worry about trust when you are not sure about the internet retailer.

The $80 difference goes to the Salesperson & his shop to give you a face-to-face sales experience. You can pick up the item on the spot and not have to worry about fraud. And you can always go back to the shop with head held high when you need after sales backup or advise.

Who knows....maybe that Salesperson could end up becoming a friend too.

i always trust shops...

for buying things such as this i prefer a more personal approach... its kinda not my style to buy expensive stuff over the internet... other than online Apple store buy laptop... (but thats different)

Thanks guys for ur feedback I guess I will go down to the shop then, thAnks a lot. Anyone know any friendly and experience sells man in any famous photo shop so I can clarify some question .

Sorry got one more very newbie questions canon 550d kit 1 is it more worth than kit 2 coz I seldom see people buy kit 2 can anyone advise me .

Your feedback and guidance is much appreciated

Thanks guys for ur feedback I guess I will go down to the shop then, thAnks a lot. Anyone know any friendly and experience sells man in any famous photo shop so I can clarify some question .

Sorry got one more very newbie questions canon 550d kit 1 is it more worth than kit 2 coz I seldom see people buy kit 2 can anyone advise me .

due to budget constraint, ppl usually go for kit 1.

i bought my 450D kit 2 cos its cheaper i find. cos i sold my kit lens later for $900 and save significantly on the camera as a result.

kit 1 lens only worth the most $150 if not lesser, so you pay more on camera.

hmm recently like alot of first timer post on this website. :confused:

haha... more n more people are just suddenly have money to spend then just buy DSLR le.. its like having a DSLR is more cool then having a compact or PnS...

:nono:

its not becos its better or what.. its just people who all wanna first time buy, then don't know anything then just buy the kit 1 lor.. save money...

Thank you guys for ur reply and feedback... Hopefully I can get it soon... Actually recently I just brain wash by my friends that's why i want to buy a dSLR to start taking photo and hopefully one day I can take some good photos like them

You should look into canon privilege purchase program. I bought my 550D Kit2 from this programme for only $1440. You just need to bring any spoilt canon camera for the promotion price.

Hi,

I would like to buy a Canon 550D kit 2 after i check all the retail shops. the price is around 1590 to 1600. However i found one website selling at 1510. I would like to ask is this website trust worthy and is it better to get at the website or the well-known shops.

Canon EOS 550D (Badged as 550D) Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-135mm IS Lens
$1,510
at http://ddelectronics.com.sg/product...R-Camera-with-EF%2dS-18%2d135mm-IS-Lens.html#

I would like to ask all the seniors who know the pros and cons to guide me. thanks.:)

Tom

I bought a Nikon lens from them. Much much cheaper than all the recommended shops in CS. I was concerned just like you about whether it was trust worthy or not. I chose the payment during collection with no problems at all. You can call them up and reserve the item but make sure you turn up and pay for it. :cool:

i wont say budget constraint la...i feel that kit 2 is no as worth as getting a kit 1 and getting a 55-250/55-300 lens the cost is less than 400 for either of this lens which is the same as buying a kit 2

I see but I only afraid that keep changing lens might cause the dust or any other particles to damage the dslr is it possible ... I also though of getting a third party lens meaning I buy 550 d body with the third party Lena however I not very sure which lens should I get as I am new in photography therefore now quite confusing...

Not very sure kit 1 Lens is it a good lens to start my photography journey

I also bought my 550D with kit2 i feel that the weight and size gives me a good feel of the entire dslr, feels more solid and heavier, thats just me tho....:)

I see but I only afraid that keep changing lens might cause the dust or any other particles to damage the dslr is it possible ... I also though of getting a third party lens meaning I buy 550 d body with the third party Lena however I not very sure which lens should I get as I am new in photography therefore now quite confusing...

I heard many say kit 1 lens is rather good. U can always try and if u dont like it sell off the lems on BnS.

Buy a 550D body only & a used kit 1 lens from the forum to test it out. You will save like $100+

Wow thanks for your suggestions. i guess i will have to real feel it mysefl then decide what to buy.

Wow thanks for your suggestions. i guess i will have to real feel it mysefl then decide what to buy.

just rem that when you spend money on a DSLR please make use of it and not leave it at home all the time... i know several people who buy, but becos of the size n weight don't bring it out to use.. so in the end it becomes a white elephant.. only for shooting dinners and parties at home...

so when you get a lens, you should also think about the usage pattern, and the size/weight..

Yeah, hopefully i would not over used it. Yeah i guess a kit one lens first after that i can slowly developed and find out more about photography ba.

i wont say budget constraint la...i feel that kit 2 is no as worth as getting a kit 1 and getting a 55-250/55-300 lens the cost is less than 400 for either of this lens which is the same as buying a kit 2

u are very wrong.

first, 18-55 resale value bad.

55-250 very hard to sell cos usually ppl buy will regret and later had to push price to very low then can get rid of it. Plus u had to change lens always, convenience not there for a newbie as compared to a 18-200.

18-200 is more sought after and better resale value.

do your maths.

cost of kit 2 - resale value of 18-200 = cost of cam (i bought my 450D previously for $1600+ and sold my 18-200 for $900 later, so my cam is only $700+)

cost of kit 1 - resale value of 18-55 = cost of cam (if i buy kit 1, it will cost ard $1100+ but 18-55 resale is $150 the most, i end up paying $1k for my cam)

cost of kit 1 + 55-250 - resale value of 18-55 + 55-250 = cost of cam (needless i say, follow the above formula and you will get what i mean, now u got two lens to sell, it will be even harder, most seasoned or slightly more experienced then newbie will not want to get 55-250 if they have been shooting for sometime)

think long term.

Last edited: