Canon 511A battery on 10D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooyewthong

Aug 31, 2004
Can I have 511A battery on 10D?

Short question. Need a quick answer. :thumbsup:

yes, can use, no problems. the A, B, whatever denotation is just the battery specifications slight differences; dunno is capacity or what, cant recall

Can I recharge 511A on the 10D's CB-5L Battery Charger?

i use eastgear 511A in my 10d and also using canon charger to charge, no problem so far.

Thanks! Is a 3rd party battery as good as Canon original battery? How much did you pay for it?

sooyewthong said:
Thanks! Is a 3rd party battery as good as Canon original battery? How much did you pay for it?

i pay about S$27.95 since i buy 2 at the same time.

Can I mix original Canon BP-511 and the BP-511 from Eastgear? I'm using a vertical grip BG-ED3, which holds 2 batteries.

Wondering also why the battery indication always show 1/2 charged when I used BP-511 instead of 511A on the vertical grip BG-ED3.

Virgo said:
Can I mix original Canon BP-511 and the BP-511 from Eastgear? I'm using a vertical grip BG-ED3, which holds 2 batteries.
yo virgo, u can do that, i tried no prob.. even wif one 511 and one 512. i guess the grip use one battery at a time..

Virgo said:

No problem. Only 1 batt is used at one time.

No, you're wrong. The BG-ED3 will start draining one batt which has the highest charge, and when both gets equal, it'll start draining both at the same time, until all charges are drained.

darr said:
No problem. Only 1 batt is used at one time.

Accually i wanted to ask this question very long liao lor. I'm mixing the original 511A with the Eastgear compatible 511A together. So far no problem except that afte r i shoot about 300+ shots,the batt level drops to half. How come like that ar?

roon2c said:
Accually i wanted to ask this question very long liao lor. I'm mixing the original 511A with the Eastgear compatible 511A together. So far no problem except that afte r i shoot about 300+ shots,the batt level drops to half. How come like that ar?

i think its better to mix both batts of equal made and size. I am using Eastgear 2x511A in my grip and keep the Canon original 511 as spare.

i sent my 10d in for checkup last week cos i found the battery indicator showing 1/2 full after like 50 shots although the batteries were fully charged before i started shooting. when i inserted the same batteries into another 10d it shows that its still full.

supposed to collect today but when i got there i found that they didnt fix the problem. had to explain and demo to the engineer what was going on. so they took it back in and loaned me a 10d for the time being.

+evenstar said:
EastGear's batteries are more powerful than the Canon original batteries, and cheaper. [/url]
Agree !!! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.