Canon 430EX & S5IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

juzcanon

Jun 18, 2007
Hi,

I am using my S5IS with 430EX speedlite. I noticed that the AF-assist beam doesn't light up on the speedlite during focusing both in low light and normal condition. Is this normal?

Is the camera able to acquire focus?

Yes. So far no issue.

Then don't worry too much about it. It is only when the camera finds it hard to acquire focus that the AF assist will light up.

Sure u didnt off ur AF focus under menu?

Then don't worry too much about it. It is only when the camera finds it hard to acquire focus that the AF assist will light up.

Thanks. Do you think there is a possibility that I might I need to turn off the camera's AF-Assist beam in order for the flash AF assist to come on?

Thanks. Do you think there is a possibility that I might I need to turn off the camera's AF-Assist beam in order for the flash AF assist to come on?

Does the AF assist on the camera light up when lighting is poor?

Does the AF assist on the camera light up when lighting is poor?

If i remember correctly, the one on the camera does light up when lighting is poor. That's why I find it so strange.

If i remember correctly, the one on the camera does light up when lighting is poor. That's why I find it so strange.

When I paired the PowerShot G3 with a 380EX, the Red colour focus assist on the flash never did work too.

I believe it's only for the dSLRs is at least the SLRs to utilise this feature. Don't worry as long as you get focused picture.

The PowerShot series cannot fully utilize the Speedlite flash's functions the same as the dSLRs. The AF assist light on the 430ex itself won't light up because apparently the flash's AF assist light is too large to be useful for a P&S's sensor. This is true for G series as well as Sx series.

Status
Not open for further replies.