Canon 400d or Nikon D40x?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Sim Lim Sq and dropped by Oriental and Allan, both have got the Nikon D60.
If I remembered correctly, I think the bundle lens was a 17-85mm...vr lens.

MS

sure?
sounds like a good deal.

i was at Max Photo @ centrepoint(near my office)...
i asked the sales there...
d60 kit - sgd1080
d40x kit - sgd950...
not sure abt the len.

so any1 wan to get d60?

Just remember 1 thing..

D60 is a souped up D40x.. so it still can only focus on lenses with built in focusing motor. U can't use the cheap and good 50 1.8 on this camera due to the lack of AF drive motor on the body.

Just remember 1 thing..

D60 is a souped up D40x.. so it still can only focus on lenses with built in focusing motor. U can't use the cheap and good 50 1.8 on this camera due to the lack of AF drive motor on the body.

You *can* use it... Just in manual focus.

And manual focusing can be fun too!

You *can* use it... Just in manual focus.

yeap.. no AF..
on a puny VF, MF can be tough.. anyway for most people who buys entry level camera, I doubt there'll be a lot who MF

Hi sorry, I interpret that as Nikon gives full control on camera settings but Canon does not.
Mind elaborating more on the details? I thought most if not all DSLRs do give full manual control with the Manual Exposure mode?

Cheerios,
WeiSheng

Yes, canon hides away the +/- compensation at full manual mode which should not be the case and the exposure lock function is only usable in the Aperture Priority Mode. Plus, auto bracketing is not included in the 400d. other then that, it's pretty much nice to start with either 400D or if you wanna go serious, D80

yeap.. no AF..
on a puny VF, MF can be tough.. anyway for most people who buys entry level camera, I doubt there'll be a lot who MF
D60 will change that with a rangefinder display.

Status
Not open for further replies.