Canon 18mm-55mm lens AF mode not working?!

SABnomnom

Mar 29, 2011
So I have been using my canon 1000D for about close to a year now and recently my kit lens AF mode is not working. Under whatever lighting or even with flash it doesn't work or it takes a long time. Is the lens spoilt or something? Think canon service centre can do something about it? What should I do?

not all lens can focus quickly in difficult lighting conditions.

should still be under warranty so go to csc to clear any doubts that you may have.

It's like it doesn't even really work. Doesn't work like usual anymore. ㅠㅠ by any chance is it faulty?

go csc. they can help verify for you but do give a call in advance.

i take it you have checked both lens and body were on autofocus rather then manual focus.

Yes it is. I'm like still new into photography :/ let's say the lens is spoilt, and it's under warranty, they will repair it right ?

its a common problem for 18 55, the af is easily spoilt ~_~

Yes it is. I'm like still new into photography :/ let's say the lens is spoilt, and it's under warranty, they will repair it right ?

Even if it is not in warranty, when you take down to CSC, they will still repair for you... only that you would need to pay. And if it was in warranty, depending on how the lens was damaged, they will repair it for free...