CANON 10D with Sigma EX series lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHi

Jul 30, 2003
Segar
Visit site
Hi fellas,
anyone of you are CANON 10D users with Sigma EX series lenses? Any bad or good experiences to share. Cant afford CANON L lenses.... all about opportunity costs!! 1 Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX Aspherical costs ard $880 (hopefully the quote is correct) and Canon EF 28-70mm F2.8L USM costs ard $2000+. Way beyond my budget. I know I can't compare the lens quality or even speed, but what I am looking for is a lens with minimum aperture and acceptable focusing speed. I am just starting out in DSLR.
Any constructive comments is greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million in advance.

Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX Aspherical should cost around $700. I was looking out for this lens before I decided on probably getting the 28-70mm instead. I currently only own the 15-30mm lens and I think it is great value for money. Frankly with wider zoom lenses and Sigma's HSM, its focusing speed should not be a concern unless u intend to take lots of action photography. What's important is that you get a good range of lenses with the budget you have, rather than blowing all your money on just one single, expensive lens. The rush of great moments captured on your CMOS is sweeter than an expensive lens.

Noir said:
Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX Aspherical should cost around $700. I was looking out for this lens before I decided on probably getting the 28-70mm instead. I currently only own the 15-30mm lens and I think it is great value for money. Frankly with wider zoom lenses and Sigma's HSM, its focusing speed should not be a concern unless u intend to take lots of action photography. What's important is that you get a good range of lenses with the budget you have, rather than blowing all your money on just one single, expensive lens. The rush of great moments captured on your CMOS is sweeter than an expensive lens.

does sigma 15-30mm needs rechipping to work with 10D?

Highly recommand the Sigma EX 50-500 APO HSM to pair with your 10D.
You'd be amazed at the sharpness your 10D can achieve without PS. Better then most of Canon's consumer lenses and also some of their L lenses in terms of sharpness and contrast.

Only catch is that its big and heavy. ALso its f is quite high f4-f6.3.
;)

Have been going through a lot of forums discussing Sigma EX lenses with 10D camera. In general their EX zoom lenses are all quite acceptable, in terms of picture quality and speed. The only one that receives more negative remarks is the 17-35mm F2.8-4 EX Asperical. The problem is especially obvious at 17mm.

Meanwhile thanks all for your input.

I'm using 50-500mm and 105mm macro... so far so good for my budget... check my pics...

some considerations :-
50-500mmm heavy, I need bigger bi-ceps...
105mm macro focusing is noisy... scared off insects ...

Status
Not open for further replies.