Canon 10D and Nikon D100

Canon 10D or Nikon D100 ?


Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

whacker

New Member
May 25, 2003
785
0
0
Bedok
whacker88.multiply.com
#1
Which one is better ?

I heard the the Canon 10D is prone to the dust problem and the Nikon D100 picture production is not as sharp as Canon's. Each of these cameras have their own pros and cons. So what makes you decide which one to get ?
I'm new to the DSLRs and who appreciate your valuable comments.

Thanks.
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#2
Oh NO!! Another war starting... Again

* togu put on his fireproof tuxedo and go hide under his bed...

:gbounce:
 

xdivider

New Member
Mar 2, 2002
1,484
0
0
Visit site
#4
Originally posted by whacker
Which one is better ?

I heard the the Canon 10D is prone to the dust problem and the Nikon D100 picture production is not as sharp as Canon's. Each of these cameras have their own pros and cons. So what makes you decide which one to get ?
I'm new to the DSLRs and who appreciate your valuable comments.

Thanks.
Try doing a search. Think this is quite exhaustively and inflammatorily discussed here.
 

james m

New Member
Dec 28, 2002
439
0
0
56
#5
Originally posted by togu
Oh NO!! Another war starting... Again

* togu put on his fireproof tuxedo and go hide under his bed...

:gbounce:
Why, did you vote for the D100 :devil:
 

suhaimig

New Member
Oct 30, 2002
323
0
0
47
Central
#6
This is easy. 10 or 100 is larger. Definitely 100 is larger. so D100.:D :devil:

Cheers.:cool:
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#7
Originally posted by mysteriousjimmy
Why, did you vote for the D100 :devil:
HOho... D100 doesn't means better pictures. :devil:

Just that such thread, polls, etc always end up with bullet shells, holes, flames, all over. :p
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#9
Originally posted by suhaimig
This is easy. 10 or 100 is larger. Definitely 100 is larger. so D100.:D :devil:

Cheers.:cool:
Depends on how you see it, if you are refering to ranking of 1 to 100, the answer is obvious. :devil:
 

togu

Senior Member
Jul 11, 2002
5,290
0
0
44
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
#10
Hoho, enough of my banal talk, whacker, you can simply just do a search, there are more then enough search results for such topics. :)
 

whacker

New Member
May 25, 2003
785
0
0
Bedok
whacker88.multiply.com
#11
Originally posted by togu
Hoho, enough of my banal talk, whacker, you can simply just do a search, there are more then enough search results for such topics. :)
I guess I can do that but very confusing. Most of the time out of the thead starts off fine and then go on to some problem specific and still I cannot make up my mind. That's why I only put this 2 models. It's a question of 10D or D100 for me.
 

whacker

New Member
May 25, 2003
785
0
0
Bedok
whacker88.multiply.com
#13
Actually was considering the film SLR too. It's between the Canon EOS 300 and the Nikon F65. Both have the same promotion, giving away a 70-300mm f4-5.6 telephoto zoom lens. But then it's still difficult to decide which one. If I choose Canon, then it means Canon all the way even for a DSLR. Because I don't want to have to buy 2 different brands of lens and accesories.
 

suhaimig

New Member
Oct 30, 2002
323
0
0
47
Central
#14
Originally posted by whacker
Actually was considering the film SLR too. It's between the Canon EOS 300 and the Nikon F65. Both have the same promotion, giving away a 70-300mm f4-5.6 telephoto zoom lens. But then it's still difficult to decide which one. If I choose Canon, then it means Canon all the way even for a DSLR. Because I don't want to have to buy 2 different brands of lens and accesories.
Why now F65 or EOS300, where in the first place was 10D or D100. Price range between two set was much higher. Assuming you have the budget of DSLR. Doesn't make sense.

Why not choose between F100 or EOS3? :)

Cheers.:cool:
 

Tweek

Senior Member
Jan 17, 2002
2,027
0
0
39
East
www.weekai.com
#15
dear whacker,

the debate, like you read in other threads, will be endless. Each model has its fervent supporters and most of the time opinions are kindof biased cos there are few who have used both cameras extensively enough to comment.

what I suggest is to go through the specs carefully, and read through all the user reviews you can find. After that make your own judgement and choose your system. Don't just base your decision on the camera, also consider the lenses, compatible flashes, availability and capability of the accessories, customer support etc etc. All these often play a big part in choosing a system, not just the camera itself.

btw, the 10D focussing problem is resolved in the newer batches. Not sure whether the dust problem is still there, but hey, all DSLRs are susceptible, D100 users have their miseries too. If you seldom shoot at small apertures like f16 or so, chances are you don't need to worry about dust problem that much. A routined cleaning once in a while should be fine.
 

Dec 17, 2002
2,337
0
36
44
www.flickr.com
#17
Originally posted by clive
:bsmilie:
In Singapore, there are a few taboo things to talk about:

religion, politics, sex....

In clubsnap and basically every online photography club...the same taboo topic....

is......

Nikon better or Canon better.....;)

The best thing you can do is talk to your closest photography friends...some Canon, some Nikon....and go to say www.Dpreview.com

Most importantly, as I have done, visit a good shop say cathay and try out both and decide which gives you a better feel...FOR YOURSELF...

At the end of the day, it must be the one you are comfortable with and the one you think is the better than the other/others.

You cab also try the Fujifilm S2 Pro (uses Nikon lens).

Online discussion will lead from advice for you to...

WORLD WAR 10
 

Dec 17, 2002
2,337
0
36
44
www.flickr.com
#18
Originally posted by NorthernLights
In Singapore, there are a few taboo things to talk about:

religion, politics, sex....

In clubsnap and basically every online photography club...the same taboo topic....

is......

Nikon better or Canon better.....;)

The best thing you can do is talk to your closest photography friends...some Canon, some Nikon....and go to say www.Dpreview.com

Most importantly, as I have done, visit a good shop say cathay and try out both and decide which gives you a better feel...FOR YOURSELF...

At the end of the day, it must be the one you are comfortable with and the one you think is the better than the other/others.

You cab also try the Fujifilm S2 Pro (uses Nikon lens).

Online discussion will lead from advice for you to...

WORLD WAR 10
An after the WAR, when all is said and done, the whole thread would be unrecognisable as everything is destroyed and ruins is what you see....

NO ADVICE...NO LIGHT AHEAD OF THE TUNNEL...

You will drop your head and perhaps buy a Seagull or something else....:bsmilie:
 

whacker

New Member
May 25, 2003
785
0
0
Bedok
whacker88.multiply.com
#19
Originally posted by suhaimig
Why now F65 or EOS300, where in the first place was 10D or D100. Price range between two set was much higher. Assuming you have the budget of DSLR. Doesn't make sense.

Why not choose between F100 or EOS3? :)

Cheers.:cool:
Haha....I'm just as confused as you are...:p

Well, it is very confusing.

If you want to know...well here goes....

At the moment, I still don't have the $$$ to invest in one DSLR. However, by the end of the year, I should have enough $$. So to 'satisfy' my itch hand and behind, I thought to myself, why not get a film one to play with together with the accesories first and then later I can just get a DSLR that uses the same lens, accesories, etc. You see where I'm coming from ? Yah, crazy it may seem but I really need a camera badly as I'm going for a tour soon.

Hope I've managed to 'confused' you...even more..:dunno:
 

whacker

New Member
May 25, 2003
785
0
0
Bedok
whacker88.multiply.com
#20
Now, after reading some of the posting, I guess there's no straight answers, huh ? The poll has tipped towards the Nikon D100 now. A few hours ago, it was the Canon 10D. I guess choosing between these 2 models is a big question on depends, depends, depends......

SIGH ! :dunno:

Now, I'm even more lost than before.

Both cameras are as equally good...and bad...

Oh, well, I guess I'll just flip the coin if I can't convince myself with all the advises posted here.....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom