Canon 1000D thread III! [general discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Mustafa after the zoo outing, trying to look for lenses... this lens selling at $46 before GST... anyone?
IMG_4196.jpg

haha..i'll offer $50 if its real :bsmilie:

Join us in an interactive session with professional photographers as they share their photographic journeys with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, particularly in the area of fashion and travel photography.

• 21st March 2008
• 1.30 to 5.00 pm
• Hotel Intercontinental (beside Parco Bugis Junction)
Bugis Grand Ballroom (Level 2)

Limited to 250 participants on a first-come-first-serve basis. Admission is free but online registration is required
supersize.jpg

http://www.canon.com.sg/section/eossupersize/

Last edited:
Join us in an interactive session with professional photographers as they share their photographic journeys with the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, particularly in the area of fashion and travel photography.

• 21st March 2008
• 1.30 to 5.00 pm
• Hotel Intercontinental (beside Parco Bugis Junction)
Bugis Grand Ballroom (Level 2)

Limited to 250 participants on a first-come-first-serve basis. Admission is free but online registration is required
supersize.jpg

http://www.canon.com.sg/section/eossupersize/

21st March 2008???? travel back in time? :bsmilie:

tryin to poison us wif 5D MKII? :devil:

not poison, gain exposure ...geoff is real good in fashion....its a good learning experience....

not poison, gain exposure ...geoff is real good in fashion....its a good learning experience....

anyway, thx for it, I reg for it liao... ;p

but hor ur date wrong lor...shld be 2009 and not 2008. :)

Please include me ..

Originally Posted by rocfreaks
so here is the info.

What: Session on photograhy fundamentals I.
Who: Thomas will be teaching us.
For: All of us who is interested in understanding the power of black and white.
When: 150309, 1500hrs
Where: Thomas's place in Sengkang
Bring: Bring along yourself, 6 pictures which you took(any pictures lah). Can bring along your laptop...

8 people in a group...

1. Affan 1000D 92254410
2.De3pster 96433664
3.Fatah
4. sleepytiti (97422474)
5. Chooi Mei (choomee)

so here is the info.

Bring: Bring along yourself, 6 pictures which you took(any pictures lah). Can bring along your laptop...

8 people in a group...

1. Affan 1000D 92254410
2. De3pster 96433664
3. Fatah
4. sleepytiti (97422474)
5. Chooi Mei (choomee)
6. Haslan (91826646)

so here is the info.

8 people in a group...

1. Affan 1000D 92254410
2. De3pster 96433664
3. Fatah
4. sleepytiti (97422474)
5. Chooi Mei (choomee)
6. Haslan (91826646)

Guys guys,,,cant wait for this upcoming lesson, get to learn from sum1...very interesting. Bro thomas..got any charges or not...hehehe,.

K anyway, for this B/W shot.. anyone interested to go to hotpark(did i spell it correctly) the one at alexandra la..hehe to get some photos for the upcoming lesson. If theres any1 interested.. maybe we can make it on dis coming fri. at 6pm..just a suggestion.hhehehe

our 1000D Thread

after our meeting at the zoo, im so glad we decide to maintain this thread, with everyone agreeing we shall still call this the 1000D & participate even after we upgrade.

Been 'kaypo'ing' around and gosh Im so glad how we have evolved till now but still maintaining our roots ..... a Noob thread with a totally Noob environment.

Nobody got shot down for asking the simplest of question (refering to myself), Sacarsm can really turn you off. Imagine if I have asked about the 'Laso & Feathers' outside of this environment .....; I'll be hung upside down!!

and we are fortunate that we have fast learners to guide and offcourse our valuable 'Sifus' like Bro Dev & Bro Ardan (Tom) who's always there and willing share, and best of all they understand our 'noob lingo'.

To Mahathir, Emotic, Netjackal, Rocfreaks .... lead the team man.

well this old man getting long winded, what Im trying to suggest is : shall we open/invite this 'Club' to all New (Noobs) irrespevtive of what camera they have as long as its Canon.

your thoughts everyone.

PS : regarding our merchandise, I still think a Cigs or Beer holder is cool. Something we can attach to our camera bag. and the Neoprene Beer holder can be use as lens holder too ;)

Hi bro Fatah,

I actually suggested to bro Affan that I would share about basic photography and not just B&W ;p...B&W is another big topic, especially on capturing mood and the post processing. Let see how it goes...we can organize more in the following weeks.

Rgds,
Thomas

Guys guys,,,cant wait for this upcoming lesson, get to learn from sum1...very interesting. Bro thomas..got any charges or not...hehehe,.

K anyway, for this B/W shot.. anyone interested to go to hotpark(did i spell it correctly) the one at alexandra la..hehe to get some photos for the upcoming lesson. If theres any1 interested.. maybe we can make it on dis coming fri. at 6pm..just a suggestion.hhehehe

Bro Cakka,

Its really nice to know all of you humble people. In fact, I told Affan that I am impressed that you all chose to keep the 1000D name regardless of what model we upgraded to.

We will miss you this weekend, but I can always organise another with you and those who may miss out :bsmilie:

Rgds,
Thomas

our 1000D Thread

after our meeting at the zoo, im so glad we decide to maintain this thread, with everyone agreeing we shall still call this the 1000D & participate even after we upgrade.

Been 'kaypo'ing' around and gosh Im so glad how we have evolved till now but still maintaining our roots ..... a Noob thread with a totally Noob environment.

Nobody got shot down for asking the simplest of question (refering to myself), Sacarsm can really turn you off. Imagine if I have asked about the 'Laso & Feathers' outside of this environment .....; I'll be hung upside down!!

and we are fortunate that we have fast learners to guide and offcourse our valuable 'Sifus' like Bro Dev & Bro Ardan (Tom) who's always there and willing share, and best of all they understand our 'noob lingo'.

well this old man getting long winded, what Im trying to suggest is : shall we open/invite this 'Club' to all New (Noobs) irrespevtive of what camera they have as long as its Canon.

your thoughts everyone.

PS : regarding our merchandise, I still think a Cigs or Beer holder is cool. Something we can attach to our camera bag. and the Neoprene Beer holder can be use as lens holder too ;)

why not merge with the 450D group then.. =)

our 1000D Thread

your thoughts everyone.

Bro, why so emo? :bsmilie:

Anyway, i'm open to the idea of this club being a 'general Canon noob club' (not sure about the rest though). As of now, the number of members are still increasing. Which is good in a way. I'm sure the rest (esp Chief, Affan, Kelvin, Fatah) won't mind.

As for the merchandise, i'll have to discuss with a few ppl as the main purpose of this merchanise is to give a sense of identity/belonging and camarederie to Club 1000D members. There are a few issues that we might face (esp logistics-wise) so we need to bounce some ideas across 1st before we proceed with the design and production. I'll be PM-ing the few ppl involved soon. Cheers!

was thinking of that, but 450D got more members who are seniors. and besides I think we may slow down their learning curve. Not fair la.

just my 2 cents.

Ultimately it all comes down on just having fun and taking photos, more seniors means you learn more what. :D Anyway i don't think there are THAT many seniors there.

why not merge with the 450D group then.. =)

wAHHH,,if merge, then it becomes 1450 D club..hahahaha...
wah once u say merge, its like politics already you know..hehehe.

Dun nid merge la..we always can held a outing session together (for example, 1000D and 450D 1st outing).., regardless of model,camera strap and batt grip, hehe..all of us here are fond to photography.

Bro chakkan when u leaving singapore..wanna go shoot and drink again. fri nite maybe..hahaha

was thinking of that, but 450D got more members who are seniors. and besides I think we may slow down their learning curve. Not fair la.

just my 2 cents.

got meh? me also a noob wor..

I see most of the pics posted much better than mine sia...:embrass:

450D club most like a BBB club.. :devil:

Bro, why so emo? :bsmilie:

got to speak my mind before my long absence la. Skali when I come back you all expert and sombong oready ... how? I cannot always come running & crying to Bro Dev & Bro Ardaan with my stupid question !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.