Can we capture this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
singapore comfirm impossible.. cos no mountain. Malaysia can.

It is quite seldom (or I have not seen one before) this kind of photo locally. Is it something to do with the quality of the photographer here and there? Or professionals seldom participate in forum like this?

Originally posted by Kho King
Can we capture beautiful moment like this?

http://www.photosharp.com.tw/foto-detail.asp?TitleIe=21291

Is there a place in Malaysia or Singapore for this kind of photo?

Yes, with some experience, you can possibly have a similar one with a 35mm wide angle but you cannot compare with this picture because it was captured with the large format linhof. You may get close with a medium format.

Singapore out of question, malaysia low mountains are not high enough.

This was probably shot around 6plus in the morning, not at the highest point but near submit, wet morning, not exactly a good weather day. It is hard to catch a nice weather up at Alisan Mountain, especially if one is looking to capture Yun1 Hai3(Sea of Cloud), hard to get a nice weather.

Been up there 2 times and no Yun Hai, sigh. No other technical details from this guy, think i met him before, believe this is an outing from their photo forum club, had some nice outings with them before.

It is quite seldom (or I have not seen one before) this kind of photo locally. Is it something to do with the quality of the photographer here and there? Or professionals seldom participate in forum like this?

Singapore photographers are as good as them but we do not have the opportunity and location like they do. Taiwan is a heaven for photographers.

Professionals most likely will not participate and post their shots that sells, they make a living out of this so its pure business.

Any Pros out there would like to comment?

Oh and these are amatuers shooters, i know some of them personally, it is the location.

imagine we are there at that moments. how are we going to shoot?
as for me: i will use a tripod, a wide angle lens, metering at the bottom of the sun. then shoot(bracketing 3 shoot.) may be have to bracket to 5 shot. cause such a moment is diffcult to come by.

when i saw a photo i like, i alway think i am there and HOW should i shoot it.

The original photograher shot 40 frames in 617 format according to him. Haha...I can't imagine why need to shoot so many...perhaps too tricky lighting...and different mood for different light condition. It is kind of hard to find this interesting cloud...

The original photograher shot 40 frames in 617 format according to him. Haha...I can't imagine why need to shoot so many...perhaps too tricky lighting...and different mood for different light condition. It is kind of hard to find this interesting cloud...

It's not surprising that the pros shoot several frames in succession when they find the scene they want, varying exposure settings etc. This also captures the changes as time passes.

This article on Luminous Landscape describes how the photographer Alan Briot exposed 40 4x5" double film holders of Provia to capture the White Sands monument as the sun rises.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/ws-sunrise.htm

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang

It's not surprising that the pros shoot several frames in succession when they find the scene they want, varying exposure settings etc. This also captures the changes as time passes.

This article on Luminous Landscape describes how the photographer Alan Briot exposed 40 4x5" double film holders of Provia to capture the White Sands monument as the sun rises.

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/ws-sunrise.htm

Regards
CK

When none of the exposure works simply due to too high a dynamic range of the scene, then you can also blend 2 or more shots int one in PS, taking correctly exposed portions from different shots and blending them together. This technique is also mentioned in luminous landscape website.

talk is cheap haha... start climbing mountain liao and start taking photos!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.