can take a look at my pic - what is wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
seen these b4, has this occurred to any other frame... looks to me seriously like a failing shutter curtains.

If it does occur on other frame, pls send ya camera to Canon for checking.

I thought the curtains are vertical travelling.. how does it form the wierd shapes? :dunno:

wahh shutter failure? its a 400d bought in dec 06! :bigeyes: heh. but yes it does occur on other photos. but mainly on photos in the museum only. thats the strangest thing

Out of curiousity
1) are those affected picts in portrait mode only or a mixture
2) are those affected picts horizontal picts, inclined upwards or mixture

Maybe you can try to recreate the angle the camera was in those affected shots and see if anything crops up.

my experience tells me that the lens hood is the culprit, i have images like this before and its due to using the lens shade in a different position and using different lens hoods for other lenses to create vignetting effects.

does not look like the shutter curtains , the patterns do not look like this, cheers!

is it sth physical e.g. camera strap
else maybe there is sth within your lens tt could be loose and obstructing when you hold the camera vertically upwards?

It is on vertical photos :think: . Does it happen on horizontal photos in the museum?

Regards,
Arto.

my experience tells me that the lens hood is the culprit, i have images like this before and its due to using the lens shade in a different position and using different lens hoods for other lenses to create vignetting effects.

does not look like the shutter curtains , the patterns do not look like this, cheers!

Agreed. The symmetrical pattern, the shape, the edge position and more important the fact that u did not get similar images after that points toward the hood devil. :devil:

This happens often, when we go from outside ( sunny weather ) to inside ( museum for instance ) . We forget to remove it and it is not properly installed and clicked. People panic because they think it was In the right position ... You can try to see also if your gf used the pop-up flash into the museum ( but sometimes not allowed ). If the hood is here and not properly installed you can see from time to time a significant light fallout at the bottom of the picture.

Regards

Agreed. The symmetrical pattern, the shape, the edge position and more important the fact that u did not get similar images after that points toward the hood devil. :devil:

This happens often, when we go from outside ( sunny weather ) to inside ( museum for instance ) . We forget to remove it and it is not properly installed and clicked. People panic because they think it was In the right position ... You can try to see also if your gf used the pop-up flash into the museum ( but sometimes not allowed ). If the hood is here and not properly installed you can see from time to time a significant light fallout at the bottom of the picture.

Regards

its easy to repeat this pattern, just do not lock your hood, just turn it just slightly and zoom to your widest setting, fairly easy to get this!
:)

lens hood not properly clicked on.

Status
Not open for further replies.