can still travel?

kkarenn

Feb 21, 2007
There was this similar thread on this topic but it was closed, my problem is slightly different.

I did not get a return chop on my way out from Malaysia custom. But I've no intention to return to Malaysia in the near future.

I will be traveling out of the country next month and I'm worried, will the Singapore Officer will stop me from traveling by air over that missing chop from Malaysia? Or I need to renew my passport when it's still left 2 years of validity.

Please help! Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't think the Singapore immigration will specifically look out for your disembarkation chop from Malaysia unless it is very obvious i.e. your passport does not contain many chops.

Unfortunately, I don't travel much so only 2 pages of the passport were used. And on the 2nd page, there's only 1 chop. Without the return from Malaysia.

If that's the case, would I be asked why I want to make a new passport when it's not expired? Because my Dad told me, individual countries will only care about their own country's chop.

There was this similar thread on this topic but it was closed, my problem is slightly different.

I did not get a return chop on my way out from Malaysia custom. But I've no intention to return to Malaysia in the near future.

I will be traveling out of the country next month and I'm worried, will the Singapore Officer will stop me from traveling by air over that missing chop from Malaysia? Or I need to renew my passport when it's still left 2 years of validity.

Please help! Thanks!

how come nvr get a return chop wor?? :think:

perhaps give a call to the embassy can find out? :)

It was my 1st F&E trip to Malaysia, the previous one was a guided tour. My parents and I weren't familiar with the place and for some reason, everyone around us just walked past the custom, no one bother to check our passports before leaving. So we followed the crowds.

My school need our passport for our school trip next month and now, I'm worried if my trip will be affected over that 1 missing chop. =\

I don't wish to have all those stories that I heard about giving coffee money or be lock in prison XD happening to me/us. So I'm just wondering if there's any fastest way to solve this problem.

Can't possibly make a new passport for no apparent reason eh.

Actually this kind of things dont play with the authorities. It can be as simple as an explanation will do the work. But it also can be as complicated as law comes into place.

Everytime I got my passport handed back to me, I make sure I checked the stamps are correctly date and chopped, to save future troubles.

If you ever go back again, they will DEFINITELY question you on why there isn't any Departure Stamp.

I have a similar experience whereby one family member's passport had the departure stamp on a different page (several pages in front of the arrival stamp, dont ask me why the officer choose to stamp at previous pages, i have no idea also). And the subsequent visits was troublesome as they will open up the passport, see only the Arrival Stamp but NO Departure Stamp, they began to question. At first we got a shock also. After that the first officer who found out that problem helped us to fold the page whereby the Departure Stamp was for future officers to take note.

It was really troublesome and alot of time was wasted having to explain.

But will Singapore Officer at Changi stop me over the Malaysia stamp? Because I won't be heading to Malaysia, I'm flying out of Singapore.

It was my 1st F&E trip to Malaysia, the previous one was a guided tour. My parents and I weren't familiar with the place and for some reason, everyone around us just walked past the custom, no one bother to check our passports before leaving. So we followed the crowds.
My school need our passport for our school trip next month and now, I'm worried if my trip will be affected over that 1 missing chop. =\
I don't wish to have all those stories that I heard about giving coffee money or be lock in prison XD happening to me/us. So I'm just wondering if there's any fastest way to solve this problem.
Can't possibly make a new passport for no apparent reason eh.

Those that just walked past customs are Malaysians. Malaysian customs does not stamp their passports as there are large numbers of Malaysians going into SG daily (work/study/visit etc); they just let them go on to be processed by SG customs.
Better clear things up with MY immigration or you run the risk of getting into trouble in the future.

Is it normal to feel lost and worried? O_O

I know the solution is go to the embassy and solve it. But is this the only solution? Even if I'm not going to Malaysia at all?

I know the solution is go to the embassy and solve it. But is this the only solution? Even if I'm not going to Malaysia at all?
You can sit around hoping that nothing happens now or in the future when you visit Malaysia again after forgetting this entire incident and finding yourself getting arrested by Malaysian immigration authorities or try to get it settled. Your choice. :)

Thank you for the prompt replies and all the helps!

Last edited:
dont take the chance go to their malaysia embassy in Singapore, to ensure that they have registered your exit

Malaysian customs do occasionally check and read the chops in the passports. The missing exit chop if discovered is almost a guarantee for serious trouble with their immigration laws punishable by the laws of Malaysia. As for travelling to other countries, missing chops may raise suspicion that the passport is a fake, or the holder of it is. This usually end up in hours of delays through interviews and passport forensic verifications depending how serious the immigration authority is. As simple as it is, passports that have chops that don't close loops are hazardous to possess. :)

To be safe, it is advisable to consult the Malaysian High Commission on how to rectify this.

Some countries do not have entry and exit stamps e.g. for New Zealand and UK, you get a stamp upon entry but no stamp when you leave. However, in Malaysia's case, there is both.

May I know what might happen at the Malaysian High Commission?

-edited

according to this topic, http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375812&page=3, the member was asked to go back Malaysia and solve it. so does it mean that heading to M.H.C might not even solve the problem at all?

Last edited:
I think they clearly state to remind you to check that your passport is stamped before you leave the counter.
So what happened to you and did not check?

Don't you realise now that it may not be accidental?

Last edited:
Malaysian customs do occasionally check and read the chops in the passports. The missing exit chop if discovered is almost a guarantee for serious trouble with their immigration laws punishable by the laws of Malaysia. As for travelling to other countries, missing chops may raise suspicion that the passport is a fake, or the holder of it is. This usually end up in hours of delays through interviews and passport forensic verifications depending how serious the immigration authority is. As simple as it is, passports that have chops that don't close loops are hazardous to possess. :)

Oh Coffee Break - Kopi$$$$$$

a country with love, problem can be settled.

Yup, I do know this problem is no longer an accident, it's real and serious. I've stated everything, all the details, in the first few posts :)
anyway thanks for the replies and suggestion and everything :)

Last edited: