can someone explain this to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinomax

Oct 4, 2002
Visit site
"allows a maximum exposure of 4 seconds in manual exposure mode, this can be extended to up to 60 seconds in Bulb mode"

what does the bulb mode mean??

In Bulb Mode, a light bulb will light up when you press the shutter release. Then you can see what you are doing.

:dent:

Ok, jokes aside, bulb mode is a mode where the shutter will open when you press the shutter release, and close when you release it. So it allows for very long exposures, in your e.g, 60s maximum. In SLRs, bulb mode allows for unlimited exposure time as long as the battery can support, or for the case of mechanical SLRs, it's really unlimited length.

Hope this helps.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
In Bulb Mode, a light bulb will light up when you press the shutter release. Then you can see what you are doing.

:dent:

Ok, jokes aside, bulb mode is a mode where the shutter will open when you press the shutter release, and close when you release it. So it allows for very long exposures, in your e.g, 60s maximum. In SLRs, bulb mode allows for unlimited exposure time as long as the battery can support, or for the case of mechanical SLRs, it's really unlimited length.

Hope this helps.

Regards
CK

oh ok! thanks! I thought must by a bulb to have the bulb function. ehehhe :bsmilie:

btw, is 4s enough for nite shot?? I presume u dun need that much for day shot.

Originally posted by dinomax

oh ok! thanks! I thought must by a bulb to have the bulb function. ehehhe :bsmilie:

btw, is 4s enough for nite shot?? I presume u dun need that much for day shot.

Depends on a lot of things - the brightness of the scene you are shooting, the aperture you are using, the film speed you are using, the mood you are after, etc. :)

Regards
CK

For the first night scene I took, I set to f11 and opened the shutter for 3 minutes using a 400 speed film, and prayed... hahaha! Turned out a little over-exposed... Is it possible to do the same with a digital camera? I dunno how digital will react with prolonged exposure...

http://www.pbase.com/image/5665108

Originally posted by Gunjack
For the first night scene I took, I set to f11 and opened the shutter for 3 minutes using a 400 speed film, and prayed... hahaha! Turned out a little over-exposed... can u do the same with a digital camera?

http://www.pbase.com/image/5665108

hahah! looks great as a B/W. ehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.