Can non-canon dslr camera use canon dslr lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyguy

Feb 20, 2007
North
as the question stated above... example, using nikon camera and use canon IS lens... i think this question must be quite noob but just curious...

You can get an adaptor to try... but it will be manual focus and no IS.

Why would you want to do that though? Nikkor lenses are very good.

It's not the same question. The one you linked refers to actually replacing the mount. I've seen some Canon cameras using other lenses through an adapter though.

the link is asking to change a canon mount lens, ie ef or efs mount to a nikon mount (ie camera). from my answer, you can see that canon ef and efs lens cannot be use on camera bodies other than eos series, unless you always shoot wide open, manual focus and IS become useless.

what you have seen, is lens from other makers, through an adapter, use on eos body. if you have taken a closer look, those are lens with mechanical aperture control. this means you can change the aperture size. any form of image stablizer will be render useless. manual focusing is still a must, but for focus confirmation, you have to either change the focusing screen to split screen or micro-prism screen or use a adapter that comes with af confirmation chip.

also, these kind of set up can only use with manual, aperture-priority or "p" mode in eos body.

also, TS asking if non-eos body can use ef or efs lens, not eos body using non-ef or non-efs lens.

should you need further clarification, you can pm me.

yo bros, the answer to TS is NO.

i've asked this question last year. the reason is canon lens is larger than nikon lens mount opening and the end of the lens may hit the mirror. the other way round is possible. ie. nikon to canon with the aid of an adapter.

hope this is simple and clear enough.

yo bros, the answer to TS is NO.

i've asked this question last year. the reason is canon lens is larger than nikon lens mount opening and the end of the lens may hit the mirror. the other way round is possible. ie. nikon to canon with the aid of an adapter.

hope this is simple and clear enough.

Thanks, that answer is much better than the other one. ;)

You can get an adaptor to try... but it will be manual focus and no IS.

Why would you want to do that though? Nikkor lenses are very good.

hi everyone.. thanks for ur supportive and constructive reply, now i know its not so possible to use it... the reason why i wanna do tat is becoz my dad own a canon... and i was thinking if i buy a nikon dslr will i be able to use his lens... so i guess the answer is clear...

thanks again ppl... u ppl are great.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.