Can i dun report for further reporting order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SianZronG

Sep 2, 2002
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
i've been called by hendon camp under the enlistment act for a further reporting order..... but i dun wanna go. and at the bottom there's a fine print saying if you dun follow orders you will be liabile for imprisonment.

but i've heard it's ok if you dun go. :dunno:

i've got some activities i've gotta attend to. can i skip this? :think:

Haha. Why are you asking this here? Dont you think its better you call them up and ask them if you can postpone it or something?

My advice is...dont assume its ok not to go. Check with them.

call them to postpone ~~ i went for further reporting today also. actually i supposed to go yesterday, but due to some studies matter, i called them up and postponed.

i think i u really can't make it, give them a call bah ... better than just disappear in the air ..

West_ray said:
call them to postpone ~~ i went for further reporting today also. actually i supposed to go yesterday, but due to some studies matter, i called them up and postponed.

i think i u really can't make it, give them a call bah ... better than just disappear in the air ..

wah then nvm lar... cause i just wanna siam for the 3 days event. but aiya nvm lar. just go.... i miss the early part of the event.

but really no one siam the thing totally? :think:

come on man, you thought you are still in school? can suka suka don't attend art class, technical class or history class? We are talking about MINDEF here. You are not young already, please think before you act.

You must call and let them know. You'll be safe from any harm as long as they excuse you.

Protect yourself

SianZronG said:
i've been called by hendon camp under the enlistment act for a further reporting order..... but i dun wanna go. and at the bottom there's a fine print saying if you dun follow orders you will be liabile for imprisonment.

but i've heard it's ok if you dun go. :dunno:

i've got some activities i've gotta attend to. can i skip this? :think:

I think (correct me if I am wrong) they will consider it AWOL if you don't turn up without an excuse. It's a serious offence.

Bottomline: "Don't **** with MINDEF"!!!

1st time charge AWOL = most like fine only

next time = maybe fine, or go DB or both...

what i did in the past if the reporting dates clashes with my schedules, i went to my battalion HQ and see the chief clerk, and tell him that i'm reporting early as the date clashes...

like others said, dun play play with mindef... :nono:

Better follow FRO, or get a postponment.

Sometimes, they want to set example by charging people under Enlistment Act. It's in civil court, not military.
Sometimes, they do close one eye though.

Bottomline, it doesn't take much effort to contact them, but if the CMPB investigators, get hold of you, it will be lots of inconvenience.

My friend's stupid cousin forgot about the first reporting date. They called him up & the second time he "forgot" again. MPs were knocking on his door the next day. Very "fun" get to sit in a provost vehicle. Alamak, must go then go lor! If busy then tell them u busy & reschedule lah. NS this kind of thing no way to siam one lah. :nono:

wheek said:
My friend's stupid cousin forgot about the first reporting date. They called him up & the second time he "forgot" again. MPs were knocking on his door the next day. Very "fun" get to sit in a provost vehicle. Alamak, must go then go lor! If busy then tell them u busy & reschedule lah. NS this kind of thing no way to siam one lah. :nono:

Oh LoLx. thanks for all the advise.... i went that day already then dashed back to sch....
my friend didn't go he's on the same day as i am. maybe mindef would pay him a visist sooon ? :bsmilie:

Thanks guys :D

dude, dont play with army. just follow the rules, endure and ORD in one piece

clive said:
dude, dont play with army. just follow the rules, endure and ORD in one piece

And don't forget to enjoy and learn something in the process. Bring your best attitude and effort, in 30 years you will be looking back and be glad you did. :thumbsup:

hwchoy said:
And don't forget to enjoy and learn something in the process. Bring your best attitude and effort, in 30 years you will be looking back and be glad you did. :thumbsup:

Yes. Endure for 2/3 years, and get to talk about it for years and years after. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.