can all zoom lenses do macro shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edx

especially the standard one on the canon eos 66?
also, are all lenses standard for any brands of cameras? e.g. one camera can fit any lense and all lenses can fit any camera

Originally posted by edx
especially the standard one on the canon eos 66?
also, are all lenses standard for any brands of cameras? e.g. one camera can fit any lense and all lenses can fit any camera

Not all zoom lenses have close-up (mistermed as macro) facilities. Macro is correctly an enlargement ratio of 1:1 or greater, whereas most zoom lenses offer 1:3 to 1:5 ratios.

Autofocus mounts are proprietary in nature so you can't just drop a Canon lens on a Nikon body for example, though in some cases an adaptor can be purchased the loss of functionality makes it uneconomical in most cases.

Some of the manual focus lenses for older cameras such as the Tamron Adptall-II range were a 'universal' lens mount system where you could change the bayonet mount to suit the camera brand and mount you would be attaching the lens to.

so i can drop a nikon manual focus zoom lense on a canon camera?

but i can't drop an autofocus nikon onto a canon?

or i cant do neither?

er..... simply... neighter ... you can't drop a nikon to a canon or a canon to nikon. For that matter, you can't just drop a leica to a minolta, minolta to cannon, cannon to nikon... watever...unless you get an adaptor. But that's quite out of the point, as you lose a lot of functions...

Originally posted by edx
so i can drop a nikon manual focus zoom lense on a canon camera?

but i can't drop an autofocus nikon onto a canon?

or i cant do neither?

A hammer should do the trick. ;p

But no, generally you can't fit a brand X lens to a brand Y camera without an adaptor. Even then, you lose a lot of the functions like AF, USM, IS, VR, etc.

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.