can advise 70-200mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "smoke" layer is probably hazing, caused by chemical fumes or VOCs (you may get it if stored with plastics in a warm environment). best to have it cleaned out, even if it's not affecting the images.

EXIF data should be embedded in the original JPEGs. Clioboy asked so that we can tell what shutter/aperture/iso the pics were shot at. that way we can see if it's motion blur, or high iso noise reduction causing the softness in the images.

if it is hazing, can it be removed easily... i got 2 same size lens store in same dry box... what possible reason one get it one never get it huh.... i got exif data from microsoft office picture manager, it doesnt provide ISO setting ley... which free software can get this iso data out from the original jpeg file huh.. hope u can kindly advise...

70-200 os my sharpest and CLEAREST lens ! your pictures do not look right for this lens .....time to go CSC

hope u dnt mind post a outdoor pic for me to see.. thks....

1st picture totally OOF.

2nd picture - look at the hat - very sharp details. Face looks just a tad OOF.

3rd picture a bit OOF.

Can you take a photo of the lens from the front showing the condition and post up here?

i tried to use my macro lens to make the pic of the lens, but not possible, only under sunlight at certain angle can see... but i will sent the lens to service just to be safe, they claim checking is free... hee... but making the trip there is really a hassle... so i ask more here lor...

why totally OOF huh, the camera got focus then i can snap one ma... can u let me knw the reason so i can improve on it....

later i try again to make the pic from the front of the lens...

Usually, cases like this, before I tell the whole world and panic... I will do a test in a controlled environment cuz it's where you can tell if your equipment is not working or its just purely human error (focus wrongly, hands weren't stable, kid running to fast etc). What I mean by controlled environment is, with the suspected cause like dirty lens glass being cleaned then I will mount camera on tripod and shoot a subject at diff settings, aperture wide and narrow, ISO high and low etc. I believe from here you should be able to tell if anything's wrong.

But I must say your pics look absolutely fine except the first which I reckon is simply focus salah.

but i really see "fog" like coating lor... but i will drop by to canon to let them review since its free... thks...

what is ur shuttle speed? camera shake? camera holding method ?

i posted the shuttle speed in the above pic, 1/125 is the lowest... but the worst pic are much higher like 1/750 etc... camera shake i did my best to eliminate, camera holding i tucked in all possible things that i can tucked with support... thks...

i tried to use my macro lens to make the pic of the lens, but not possible, only under sunlight at certain angle can see... but i will sent the lens to service just to be safe, they claim checking is free... hee... but making the trip there is really a hassle... so i ask more here lor...

why totally OOF huh, the camera got focus then i can snap one ma... can u let me knw the reason so i can improve on it....

later i try again to make the pic from the front of the lens...

Subject movement, may be.

Bro, if u think f 2.8 at 200mm is not sharp enough, try stopping down to f 3.2 or lower. f 3.2 works for me and i'll stay there for most of my pictures. I'll go to f 4 when I need sharpness the most.

Subject movement, may be.

Bro, if u think f 2.8 at 200mm is not sharp enough, try stopping down to f 3.2 or lower. f 3.2 works for me and i'll stay there for most of my pictures. I'll go to f 4 when I need sharpness the most.

the service guy confirm my lens is coated with something he doesnt knw... there is no way to clean, he oso cant confirm how many group is affected... can only change, one set of element is 200... replace cost is 180, might go up to 580 if got 2 group... now wondering.... sian.... its not fungus...

Try contacting Fatigue here on CS.

You might have to wait quite awhile as the wait list is long, but he does good work at a reasonable price.

Cam X at Peninsula should give you a faster response time but would charge a steeper price than Fatigue.

Cam X at Peninsula should give you a faster response time but would charge a steeper price than Fatigue.

Hi hi, when u say penisular. Which buildin u referin to huh.. The one same side as funan or e one opposite funan huh.. Hope u can kindly advise.. If possible, do let me knw which floor too k.. Cheers..

hey guys, after calling those cleaning shops.. i decide to leave my lens as it is... thks for all the passed support and informations... cheers...

Status
Not open for further replies.