Cameras sling strap

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Hi Friends,

Just want to share my experience with the camera sling strap and how you guys do check it once a while. I have been using this strap for a couple of years and I am happy with it. I use to check the strap condition in case it got worn off.

I also ensure the bracket is fasted and locked properly each time I put on my camera. BUT I never ever imagine the stainless steel joint will every give way! Due to the constant friction, the joint actually worn off and my whole camera fell off the strap. I am not sure how other models works but best to give your strap a regular health check once a while.

I attach the broken part for you reference.

20150620_103546_zpsqpsxlmpw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks for sharing this, however, this had happened before, so such design is kind of obsolete from the market.

thread moved.

No matter the brand, be it blackrapid, Q strap, etc etc, there is always some weak point. After constant use and abrasions, the failure rate will increase. So it will be a good move to DIY a failsafe. This is my version back when I was still using blackrapid many years ago.

4391455857_36247c2670_o.jpg

Thanks for the advice. Noob me is using peak design leash and is similar to your system just that it is not metal. Shall check it more often!

leash-positions-1024x687.png

No matter the brand, be it blackrapid, Q strap, etc etc, there is always some weak point. After constant use and abrasions, the failure rate will increase. So it will be a good move to DIY a failsafe. This is my version back when I was still using blackrapid many years ago.

Actually you are quite right. I don't see the needs for.a turning part.since the camera is just sling on one side of my body. I may consider looking up some hardware store or those selling mountain climbing store for.a.good robust hook. That may do a better job. Why didn't I think of this?

Actually you are quite right. I don't see the needs for.a turning part.since the camera is just sling on one side of my body. I may consider looking up some hardware store or those selling mountain climbing store for.a.good robust hook. That may do a better job. Why didn't I think of this?
Mod DD123 has engineering background. ;)

Apologies for digging out an old thread but i am trying to secure my camera, i have a camdapter strap and i saw this can you advise the metal R piece is from your black rapid strap? where do you get that? thanks