Cameras/Photographers in popular culture

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishna91

Oct 14, 2009
Asia
I've been seeing alot of films involving photographers as the protagonists or main directors.. let's share some films where photographers/photojournalists play a major role.. These films sometimes help people understand and appreciate the work of a photojournalist

1) Blood Diamond : I love how Maddy Bowen, played by Jennifer Connelly, is portrayed as a romanticized PJ working in Africa shooting classic Leica and Nikon film cameras.. This film really got me interested in Photojournalism even though that isn't the film's main focus.

2) City Of God : No words for this, one of the greatest films i've seen.

3) Vicky Cristina Barcelona : Slightly boring.

4) James Nachtwey : War Photographer.

Films that I and the whole PJ world is looking forward to:

The Bang-Bang Club (2010) - This film is about the story of 4 famous South African PJ's (Two being Pulitzer winners) . One committed suicide over financial problems and mental trauma, one was killed in cross-fire, two still live to tell the tale. A famous story.

:thumbsup:

* Salvador

* Under fire

* Killing fields

* Spy game

;)

Balibo.

Not exactly war photojournalism, but has the element of reporting a sensitive issue.
Might not be screened and distributed here in Singapore though.
I really want to watch it.

Closer - julia roberts' charater is a commercial photographer

Full Metal Jacket - Joker is a Sgt with Marine Combat Correspondent

Se7en - John Doe poses as a press photog at the 'sloth' victims scene

This deleted scene from "I Love you, man" inspired me.

[vid]ovNgq42a09w&hl[/vid]

keep it up guys, lets keep this thread going.. then we will have more movies to watch regarding photography/photojournalism

Status
Not open for further replies.