Camera with lens in bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer76

Apr 21, 2002
West
Do you people leave your lenses attached to your camera bodies when carrying it in a backpack/bag? Heard from somewhere that it would cause stress at the mount :dunno:

Jer76 said:
Do you people leave your lenses attached to your camera bodies when carrying it in a backpack/bag? Heard from somewhere that it would cause stress at the mount :dunno:

At anytime, there will be one lens mounted on my camera. No problem. You probably heard that from techies.

If you choose to remove the lens everytime you put your camera into the bag, someone along the line will come and tell you that will cause excessive wear on the mount. So go figure.

it really doesnt matter

Thanks guys i probably should care less n shoot more heheeh :D

Jer76 said:

choose the smallest and lightest, as well as your favourite lens to go with the cam in the bag. Dont try the 70-200 or any big lens.

I may leave small lens attached but the big one separated. :)

It's a habit that I always unmount the lens from the body after a shoot but also dunno why...I've been doing it Day One.

But if I don't unmount the lens then cannot fit all my eq into my little dry box.

if a camera can support its own weight when mounted on a large tele lens and also support the wieght of that lens, then the mount will not give way when put in to a bag with whatever lens... these things are tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.