Camera tripod and ballhead.

for traveling the weight of the tripod is probably one of the most important thing

guess your choice depends on the following:
- whats your budget for your new tripod?
- carbon is the best for low weight tripods, but expensive ofc
- whats the max weight you want to carry?
- do you want most stability?

if money is not a problem you should take a look on gitzo tripods, or feisol
otherwise, manfrotto isn't bad but still a bit heavy compared to others and check out if you prefere screw coupling or clap coupling on the tripod legs

about Sirui: haven't heard much about them so far but i will check it out

Why not just get Sirui tripod with G20 or K series head? The head doesn't cost much and comes with the tripod. No need to worry this and that. And definitely it will hold your cam v well.

The best is go down to shop with yr cam setup and test it yourself.

To correct you there, the Sirui heads do not come with the tripods, but TK Foto (the biggest seller of this brand) would often sell them at bundle prices with the legs. Thus it's probably a good idea to get Sirui head and legs together, unless you (as the buyer) have some strong aversion to Sirui heads, or maybe you wanna splurge more on a more 'branded' head like Photoclam, Markins, RRS, Kirk, Acratech, etc.

To correct you there, the Sirui heads do not come with the tripods, but TK Foto (the biggest seller of this brand) would often sell them at bundle prices with the legs. Thus it's probably a good idea to get Sirui head and legs together, unless you (as the buyer) have some strong aversion to Sirui heads, or maybe you wanna splurge more on a more 'branded' head like Photoclam, Markins, RRS, Kirk, Acratech, etc.

TK Foto is also the agent for Sirui equipment too. ;)

ZerocoolAstra said:

Yeah that's my point. Just get the bundle set.

Thanks to the Moderators and friends for giving so much of tips on buying a versatile and lightweight tripod and ball head. I will buy Sirui N1204 tripod and K20 X ball head. I have checked the price with TK Photo.