Camera to recommend


Status
Not open for further replies.

JasK

New Member
Mar 14, 2002
82
0
0
44
Room
www.jaskiew.com
#1
Budget around 500.
2 Choices of Either Semi Pro(Carry around once a while) or Consumer(Always in Bag).

Need to cater for aquatic photography(taking pictures of fishes, plants, etc in fish tanks).
Must have Macro mode.
Suitable for Nature.
At least 5mp.

Brothers wanna help suggest some models to me?
Thanks.

JasK
 

michhy

New Member
Oct 21, 2005
780
0
0
#2
there are tonnes of cameras out there that suits your needs, EXCEPT.... being able to shoot under-water.
You will need to see which camera has awater proof case (sold separately), example the Canon IXUS line, Olympus and some other. Sorry not my field.

edit: your budget of 500 is a bit on the low side, since these under-water cases dont come cheap...
 

lsisaxon

Senior Member
Nov 29, 2004
11,942
0
36
#3
JasK said:
Budget around 500.
2 Choices of Either Semi Pro(Carry around once a while) or Consumer(Always in Bag).

Need to cater for aquatic photography(taking pictures of fishes, plants, etc in fish tanks).
Must have Macro mode.
Suitable for Nature.
At least 5mp.

Brothers wanna help suggest some models to me?
Thanks.

JasK
You may want to look at the available housing before you embark on the camera.
http://store.aikotradingstore.com/nikonhousings.html

Otherwise, this may be what you're looking for.
http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1225
 

Stoned

Senior Member
May 7, 2004
4,378
0
0
31
Changi
www.photo.net
#6
If the fish are in fish tanks, why do you need an underwater housing? It's like going to underwater world and photographing with an underwater housing and two sea and sea strobes. You can try what I'm using, which is really a great camera; the oly C5050z. 5MP, just nice. The macro mode is superb, allowing you to focus down to just 1cm. It's available on the used market for around 400.
 

JasK

New Member
Mar 14, 2002
82
0
0
44
Room
www.jaskiew.com
#7
Stoned said:
If the fish are in fish tanks, why do you need an underwater housing? It's like going to underwater world and photographing with an underwater housing and two sea and sea strobes. You can try what I'm using, which is really a great camera; the oly C5050z. 5MP, just nice. The macro mode is superb, allowing you to focus down to just 1cm. It's available on the used market for around 400.
Thank you stoned.

yea i dont need an underwater housing, will check out the c5050z. Is there an upgrade to the legendary c5050z so far without loss in performance?
 

Stoned

Senior Member
May 7, 2004
4,378
0
0
31
Changi
www.photo.net
#9
JasK said:
Thank you stoned.

yea i dont need an underwater housing, will check out the c5050z. Is there an upgrade to the legendary c5050z so far without loss in performance?
Of course. But not at the same price.
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom