Camera Stolen - Canon kiss x2(450D Jap Ver) w Tamron Lense 17-35mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

klsim

Feb 8, 2009
Hey everyone,

I was at Jurong West Community Library yesterday for an event and my camera got stolen.

Canon Kiss X2 (450D Japanese Version) with Tamron Lense 17 - 35 mm.

Lense has a small chip at the front from where i knocked it before.

If anyone sees it for sale or is offered it please drop me a line at 90691472 or email me at joshy_tangy@hotmail.com

Thanks guys.

Joshua

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Have the serial number? Post it up.

Hey just to update on this thread.

Camera Model: Canon EOS Kiss X2
Lens Model: Tamron 17-35 (Lens hood still with owner. camera was stolen when lens hood was not on the lens)
Where was it stolen: 60 Jurong West, The Frontier Community Centre
When was it stolen: 7 of Feburary 2009, 1.30pm to 1.45pm

S/No.: 0410122884

Anyway, please assist the owner if you see this camera up for sale on this forum.

Thank You

Contact Person: 90691472 (Joshua Tang)

so it is kissX2 instead of 450d rite at the camera body
so is there any other special mark bout tat camera beside the chip so we can recongise it
if it a jap version i tink it will be quite easily find out if he/she sell it here
will help u keep a look out
juz curious did u left it lying around or u misplace it ????

Ya the camera is the Japanese version of the 450D.

there is nothing much on the camera body. The camera is pretty new only about 9 months old..there is no distinct mark/scratch on the camera except for its model Canon Kiss X2

and the story behind how the owner lost it is quite ahem ahem. but i'll still share it nonetheless.

the owner enter the toilet's cubicle to go take a crap. he left it on the marble latch behind the toilet bowl (note the door has been locked and the latch is within the cubicle)

he turned around to carry on with his business and when he was done he turned around to flush and retrieve back his camera. but the camera was missing already. it is suspected that the culprit stood on the latch on the cubicle on the other side and reached in to take it.

the owner also felt quite stupid as to why he never realise or felt someone was actually reaching in from the back. (probably concentrating too hard)

but ya anyway it got stolen. the owner confirms that he brought it in and left it on the latch. he did not leave the cubicle and return to realise it was missing. it all happened inside the locked cubicle.

I suggest that the owner report the matter to the librarian or building security guard.

Nowadays, due to terrorism, there are plenty of CCTVs around and are constantly being monitored too.

Anyway, terrorism aside, as a matter of public safety, it is very common for CCTVs to be installed near toilet entrances/exits.

You should be able to retrieve footage of the plausible culprit.

That is true guys!

there is a CCTV right outside the toilet but it was slightly angled towards the lift lobby instead of the toilet.

the owner is going down to the police station today hopefully the CCTV footage caught the culprit on camera. anyway just want to remind everybody to be wary when they place their items on the latch in the toilet.

according to the police. there has been a few similar cases with the lost of handphones and wallets.

Status
Not open for further replies.