Camera Protection when travelling to cold countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I will be travelling up North in end Oct to November.... Weather will be turning cold by then...(Autumn ending)...

:dunno: Need to know whether do i need to have special protection (like extra silica pellets) or any wrapping to my camera and lenses. :dunno:

Thanks in advance.

If possible, when moving from a cold place to a warm place (eg indoors), wrap the camera in a plastic or ziploc so that the condensation forms on it instead of the lens. Leave it for a while to revert to room temperature before taking it out.
Got this tip from the pros in DP Review forum. Works for me, but of course, depends on the size of your camera and whether you need to use it immediately after coming indoors.
Heard that this may aggravate fungus growth in humid countries...but not sure how true this is....

Unless you're going to Alaska or Norway, there really isn't much you need to do, it's not going to be that cold.

Be aware though that your battery life will be reduced very significantly if the temp is below about 5 degrees C, so bring extra battery and charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.